• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How many miles on your OEM belt?????

i beat the crap out of my 03 rx1 for 4 years and over 10k miles.sold it with the 2 original belts.

mine nuked at 1800-1900 miles on my 06 GT. Twice. 3rd belt shredded at around 2100. Guess I'm consistent. You'd think I'd learn to change it out at 1600-1700. I'm a slow learner. Consistently slow, though.

belt wear depends on who's driving it - i can get 3500 on a belt and my son can get 1500 - a fresh belt is cheap performance - belts get narrower and longer and lose performance - 2100 miles with an aggressive driver would be acceptable life.

My vector I have 6,500 miles... My wifes V-max 8,700 miles.. They both look good and measure in spec.. We are easy on belts.. MM.

I got about 2400 miles on mine and the last 400 were punishment miles. One of the cords started to fray so I changed. Nothing against Dayco because they make a good belt, but one of them would have never lasted through what I put it through especially in the last miles I put on it. I am convinced that the Yamaha belts are nearly indestructable. (I said nearly)

I change all my belts every 1800 miles if they need it or not after seeing how these belts go and the work it takes to clean up after they go I don't want to mess with it and at $60.00 a belt I feel it's worth it

my belt went on my 07 apex gt at 1900 miles it wraped around my shaft for the primary smoked the seal and yamaha wanted $600.00 for the replacement part cause they didnt have the seal as its own part number i took the seal to a berring shop and had them match it up cost was $16.00 for the seal but if i didnt know any beter and let the dealer fix it it would have cost me a fortune.so now i change it every 1500 miles and at the start of the season as well so i go thru about 2-3 belts a year

Back