• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to adjust 2006 Apex rear shock clicker adjuster.

tjc702

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 apex 1997 vmax xtc
I just bought the sled and it didn't come with a manual. How do I adjust the rear shock hard soft knob?

Without looking, I believe soft is clockwise, and hard counter. Around 21 clicks total. If the cable still works, you will notice a difference. Put it all the way one way, and the back will bounce up quick. All the way the
other way and it will come up slow. Hard is slow, lots of rebound damping. Soft is less rebound.
The cables are prone to failure over time, but any maintenance on them and they can last forever. Just dont drop the suspension out without removing the assembly! I know this and still did it a time or 2..lol.
Now one friends works well, the others does not turn so its either the shock adjuster or the cable. Feels like the shock end because he never ever turned in in 10 years. The one in the middle. And he can ride like hell! We rode skiroules in 1970...lol

Attachments

• 20220201_123638.jpg
    20220201_123638.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
BOP makes a cable alternative, by adding a switch knob that attaches directly to the shock. I have a picture of a keychain with adjustment info.
1635772096351.jpg

Back