• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How to keep from bumping the kill switch when powder riding?

Frostbite said:
Thanks Dude!

Hey, we had lefsa and lutefisk for Christmas dinner. Do you guys still eat these foods over in Norway?

Frosty

Hei Frostbite, og god jul fra gamle landet, Norge (and a merry christmas from the old country of Norway).

Lefsa og lutefisk is an old tradition here in Norway. Many people still eat Lefsa og lutefisk for christmas, and most all respectable restaurants have the dish on their menu in November and December. I have to say that I do not eat it very often, but it is one of the best ways of preparing cod, and I really enjoy eating Lefsa and Lutefisk. Thinking about it my teeths starts swimming :)

We usually eat Ribbe og Pinnekjøtt for christmas dinner, another traditional Norwegian christmas dinner. Ribbe is made from pork meat and Pinnekjøtt is made from sheep and lamb meat.

Tell me, do you have Norwegian ancestors?

I certainly don't intend to hijack my own post (is that possible?) but, yes my father's family is from Norway. My grand father was a commercial fisherman in Norway (from along line of fishermen) and they came to the US and started commercial fishing on Lake Superior (Minnesota).

My mother's side also came from Norway so yup, I even have a Norwegian flag and a parking for Norwegian's only sign in my garage. That's my heritage and lineage but first and foremost I am an American by all accounts.

How about those kill switches? LaLaLa

Frosty

To finish off your own hijack :)

I'm from a family or farmers and fishermen as well, both sides of my family, it goes way back hundreds of years. Two of my uncles are still fishing, one of them is fishing cod and atlantic polloc, the other one is fishing atlantic salmon in the fjord.

Back to the kill switches.

I have that problem as well when hillclimbing. Have been close to disaster on a few occations up in the steep, and one time I rode in the field and killed the engine I barely went over the windshield LOL.

I have bought a tether-switch but have not yet installed it. With a tether connected to my wrist I may disconnect both the TORS and the handlebar kill switch. How does the rubber band or o-ring trick work?

Just to let you know.

The spark plug boot I cut and slid over the kill switch is working worderfully. I haven't killed the engine accidentally since I added it.

Highly recommended.

Frosty

I dropped a cornice yesterday and hit the kill switch on landing... I ended up on the hood riding the rest of the way down the hill...... Going to find an o-ring or rubber band today! Thanks guys!

Back