• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

hurricane clutching

throttle1

Veteran
Who's clutch kit is better for the hurricane performance hindle kit Schmidt or ullmer. Any comments would be great before I drop the cash on a clutch kit thanks

Just called Chris Schmidt and I bought the same set up as you have. I already had his Stage 2 Kit and his sending me different weights to bring her back down where she needs to be. Was very satisfied with the Stage 2 before my Hurricane setup and I'm sure the new weights will work perfectly. They both know their stuff so can't go wrong with either.

I would go with Ulmer as he actually has a kit specifically for that system....to me having hands on experience is key to success.

I must be the only guy that had Hurricane weights and didn't like them. He sent the weights with the exhaust kit . I tried them but I couldn't pull past 7500 rpm with my MTX 162. Dave took them back and I ended up loading up my stock weights and I am pulling 8950 rpm and runs good . I would like good clutch kit but it is a real pain in the but to get out and tune. I just want to load the sled and ride. Who am I trying to race with a 162 anyway.

nitris223 said:
I must be the only guy that had Hurricane weights and didn't like them. He sent the weights with the exhaust kit . I tried them but I couldn't pull past 7500 rpm with my MTX 162. Dave took them back and I ended up loading up my stock weights and I am pulling 8950 rpm and runs good . I would like good clutch kit but it is a real pain in the but to get out and tune. I just want to load the sled and ride. Who am I trying to race with a 162 anyway.

Now this poop is funny sir

Hey Nitris, I will race your 162 any day!

I went with the Ulmer kit. Allen told me he has clutched for the Hurricane kit before. I received my kit and it was bang on.

Out of curiousity, what is the bang on shifting rpm? I have similar mods and curious what your shifting rpm is.

RX1MPete said:
Hey Nitris, I will race your 162 any day!

I went with the Ulmer kit. Allen told me he has clutched for the Hurricane kit before. I received my kit and it was bang on.

Pete it wouldn't be a fare race, you have a 153, I have one more lug on the ground for traction, got ya beat. Maybe if I put a Polaris sticker on it , could be good for another 5 mph I think. I would like to line up against someone else with a 162 or eve the 153 with the same Hindle exhaust just for comparison sake. Most guys around here bought the MBRP stuff or just have the Hindle pipe.

Back