• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hygear rear shock body problem

Subscribed to thread because I was going to have them rebuild my rtx shock this summer.

Star suspension did my rtx shocks cheap, fast turnaround. I was not happy with first setup, they redid them free a second time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just got off phone with Hygear. I shipped them my shock yesterday. It arrived today at 10:15 and has already been on the bench and should be in the mail back to me today.[emoji106]. Wow very good response time from these guys.

So we decided to go with a steel fitting instead of brass. I will check clearances when the shock shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star suspension did my rtx shocks cheap, fast turnaround. I was not happy with first setup, they redid them free a second time.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I noticed after they revalved my shocks that the ride is waayyyy to stiff. I have to leave everything full soft and have to hit huge g outs for it to bottom. You have same problem?

I noticed after they revalved my shocks that the ride is waayyyy to stiff. I have to leave everything full soft and have to hit huge g outs for it to bottom. You have same problem?

That's the way it should be. A nytro loves full throttle over the biggest bumps you can find. I love the stock valving and adjust on the trail all the time.

That's the way it should be. A nytro loves full throttle over the biggest bumps you can find. I love the stock valving and adjust on the trail all the time.

Yeah except adjustment for smaller bumps is now useless. It should ride that way with compression at full hard. With stock valving i could actually tune it to trail conditions

I've never been full hard on the trails. [emoji15]

But I hear you. I typically am in the middle somewhere only ever use a couple of clicks in either direction.

Sneak some of your wife/girlfriends finger nail polish out of the house with you. Once you have it together, carefully put some on the edge of the fitting, and then jump on it like a cowboy. If it leaves polish on cross shaft, well you know.

I had another phrase in my head, but didn't want to get booted off the site.

Just got off phone with Hygear. I shipped them my shock yesterday. It arrived today at 10:15 and has already been on the bench and should be in the mail back to me today.[emoji106]. Wow very good response time from these guys.

So we decided to go with a steel fitting instead of brass. I will check clearances when the shock shows up.

t
i sent a email last week and have not hear from them yet, i no the probleme is the shock it self and its a bad desing and there is no way i spend a nother 100$ in shiping on top of the 500$ it just cost me to get that shock in canada

Try calling them, you'd be better off having them ship you the fitting then get a local shop to recharge with oil and nitrogen. Soon as mine arrives I will install and check clearances. I was supposed to get it today but the shipment was delayed due to weather.

Try calling them, you'd be better off having them ship you the fitting then get a local shop to recharge with oil and nitrogen. Soon as mine arrives I will install and check clearances. I was supposed to get it today but the shipment was delayed due to weather.

ok i will wait to hear from you whent you get yours , dont forget to post some pics ... i already find a brass fitting but the thing is i wont go further if i put it back its going to break again as soon as hi it a bump

Here's what the new fitting looks like. Seems like it's a hair taller than the brass but looks way more durable.

Checking clearances later this eve.

e23b224e692a38fbdcb7e224f21e6132.jpg

Back