• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I just got this from my rep.

Yamaha-1

''Put the first miles on my RX-1. Fastest sled on the river today and it's not even broke in yet. The 05's are way lighter, more comfortable and the ride is like night and day compared to my 04''

My 04 shorty is like driving a cadillac compared to my friends machines. I can't see it getting much better than this. A little lighter would be nice. Unless your rich and have money to blow, you will never be able to stay ahead in this next year new and improved crap.

I have a theory. With all the 'ride' improvements over the last ten years, with each year being unbelievably better, we should be riding sleds that rail, take the biggest bumps, and all of it like sitting in an easy chair. But we aren't.
I think the Fcats ride well, but they are crashing right and left around here. Why? I think because like anything, the more comfortable the ride, the less 'feel' you have on the trail. And the farther over their head riders get.
Same with revs. Great bump eaters, but lots of excursions into the trees.
Can't have it all. Never could.

SumpBuster said:
I have a theory. With all the 'ride' improvements over the last ten years, with each year being unbelievably better, we should be riding sleds that rail, take the biggest bumps, and all of it like sitting in an easy chair. But we aren't.
I think the Fcats ride well, but they are crashing right and left around here. Why? I think because like anything, the more comfortable the ride, the less 'feel' you have on the trail. And the farther over their head riders get.
Same with revs. Great bump eaters, but lots of excursions into the trees.
Can't have it all. Never could.

I couldnt agree more!!! We are getting spoiled.. Its almost effortless on the trails with these machines!!! If you arnt paying attention.. it can get out of hands quick!!

:roll: It's probably more of a combination of unfamiliarity with the sleds (F-cat/REV) and driving outside their (riders) abilities to control them.

I spoke with my local dealer and he said they are going to have a new 600, but that is all that he knew for right now. Can't see how it won't be anything but a 4-stroke, but its anyone's guess after that. Guess we will all find out next week.

The Yamaha rep visited my dealer today and this was about all they could pump out of him. They sell mountains sleds exclusively but there may be some tips here.

The biggest thing he told me is; Yamaha has started a separate MOUNTAIN snowmobile division. FINALLY they might get serious about building a real mountain sled but how many years will it take to actually see one?

1. The Mountain Max is gone for next year. No surprise there.
2. The Mountain Viper returns with changes.
3. The RX-1 Mountain returns with changes.
4. There will be a NEW mountain sled. It will be lighter than the Mountain Viper with very similar power. I suspect this will be a four stroke 600-750 with a simlar but narrower chassis. A four stroke mountain sled that is under 500 lbs. would be extremely cool even if it's only 120 something h.p.
There was the mention of fuel injection in the conversation but........?

I just read in my Trailer Boats magazine about the engine the that the Yamaha watercraft uses with the same R-1 engine as our sleds was bumped up to 1062 cc and it's 15% more powerful than last years boat. It's now 160 h.p. I'd sure like to see that in the RX-1. PB

I hope my buddy isnt reading this:

I was told by my friend that the warrior will have EFI and a NEW rear suspension.. But he also said Yamaha is keeping every thing very hush hush.. Unlike Poo and Polaris!!

I also heard NO F10 for cat.. Susuki wont build the engine for them.. :cry:

Yamaha has the clandestine thing down. Dealers who have ridden these sleds are sworn to secrecy and I have heard from some they must actually sign a statement. This is all second or third hand information though.
I am hoping for a factory turbo mountain sled of some sort (under 500 lbs. of course). PB

NO 600 4 stroke

There will not be a 600 4 stroke think about it if a RX1 is a 1000 cc and is the same HP as a srx 700 What would a 600 be? 400 or a 440 That will never happen David

Back