• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I miss carbs

Boyko

Pro
I was lookin at some old vids, had a vector and never had to jet it any were any temp................ honstly. Old powderliteds kit Ran it on av gas mostly @ 15psi Throtle chop was a real bitch though.

The thing alwalls ran like in the vid

Checkout the nerds on the polaris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdJd8peIJ4Y

no kidding, that BOV sound is nice..

and you think carbs are/were nice?? you should try propane carbs.. they make gas carbs seem like a nightmare. and no throttle chop issues as of yet.

Ski-Dooin' it said:

and you think carbs are/were nice?? you should try propane carbs.. they make gas carbs seem like a nightmare. and no throttle chop issues as of yet.

I like what you have done on the yamerdoo, that project just keeps getting cooler, way to go outside the bun! I have a wack of questions for ya so I will be bugging you soon.

I hate carbs but they work well on old vector.

The BOV is just a cheep plastic bosch one.

Boyko said:
Ski-Dooin' it said:

I like what you have done on the yamerdoo, that project just keeps getting cooler, way to go outside the bun! I have a wack of questions for ya so I will be bugging you soon.

Sweet, cheap plastic bosch one is what is going on the yamadoo with the vector motor this year. I ran a turbosmart vee port last year and I was not happy with it.

Boyko said:

Hmm.. I need to do another BOV and the bosch one would be stuid easy to put into my setup. might have to pick one up.

as far as questions, ask away, its really pretty simple now that I got it done, lots of fun and easy to work with.

I cooked the bosch on my rx-1 & lakercer had a new one waiting for me. Diapghram totally dissapeared out of it.

Track speeds

Boyko, what kinda track speeds did you see with the vector at 15lbs of boost?

I am going to run two bosch BOV if I have bad compresser surge like I had last year. I am going to be recirculating the BOV as well back to the intake. I think I have figured out alot of issues I had last year. I am hoping to have eliminated the compressor surge and flame out that I had last year from throttle chop. I think that I was just running it to rich. This sled sounds like it runs pretty clean.

Re: Track speeds

dirk_03 said:
Boyko, what kinda track speeds did you see with the vector at 15lbs of boost?

I am going to run two bosch BOV if I have bad compresser surge like I had last year. I am going to be recirculating the BOV as well back to the intake. I think I have figured out alot of issues I had last year. I am hoping to have eliminated the compressor surge and flame out that I had last year from throttle chop. I think that I was just running it to rich. This sled sounds like it runs pretty clean.

I can not recall the track speed, it has been a few years.

Putting a BOV close to were the vent lines for the carbs are should help with throttle chop. I spent sometime setting the float hights on it. It was way better that the way it was, I don't think you can totaly get rid of it. The flame out only seemed to happen landing the sled off a jump, I learned not to let off the gas, that also caused a few problems. lol

My point of this post was the way this sled stayed in tune to all kinds of conditions, the thing always worked well. I realy like efi but for carbs the vector is a great platform.

Carbs

From what I have read is that alot of guys said that the vector carbs were very good at handling the boost and giving good boosted fuel delivery consistantly. Last year I rode mine very rich, and one thing was consistant it was always very rich. I plan to run it more lean and mean this year. I moved the BOV in front of the pitot tube rather than behind it. I think this will help greatly as well as only have about 1 foot of vaccum/boost line to the BOV and FPR this year. Compareds to probabaly 6 ft last year. From what I have read all these things make a difference. I want to be able to let off the throttle just the slightest like you do in the video and have the BOV open instantly. I didn't get that last year, and it made driveability not that great, still not bad but I know it will be better with these refinements.

Back