• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

idler wheels

max rolph

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
998 turbo
Has anyone found any wheels that survive running on the studs...the stock wheels are junk and peel the rubber off withing 200k when running over studs,... i just spent 400.00 !! on... JT... wheels that are CNC machined plastic.... have put 600 miles on and they are square now all flat spotted where the triangel cut outs are as they are a little larger than factory and hang below hifax 1/8" and run on the studs, the ones on out side of track are good except one... all i had on the sled was the bearing and cir clip after this weekend. my studs are torqued right into track and on double backers and no flexing. One member on here said he tested a few different ones last year and did a couple thousand miles and the KIMPEX were the only ones that stood up ... i jus ordered the 141mm ones that are 5.55" to see. My 4 wheel back axle kit from PREVOST racing... they look like the same wheels everyone else is using in there kits@81/8"... look to be still ok... no chew marks at all.

Are you studded outside the window? I have 680 miles on my 2022 with Slydog wheels on the outside(these are just slightly lager then stock).. I studded outside the windows every bar. The Slydog look good so far.. these idler wheels come with no rubber on them. They are suppose to move air while turning, but I was buying more for durability hopes.. If your not studded outside windows these wheels should last A LONG time.. As i said they are holding up on two sleds 2 600-700 miles WITH studs outside the windows.. Do I think the fan blade works? Absolutely. Just my opinion, hard to prove. 1643211965965.png
1643211965965.png

1643211965965.png

SKI DOO BLACK PPD OEM 141MM IDLER WHEEL OEM 503191316 >>> been running these wheels INSIDE the rails for a few years.. Very good rubber/bearing and last!

This is what I installed 4000kms ago and they look new!
Yea this is the best I found so far.. Any reason you couldn't run them outside the rails? Might look a little off BUT? Durability over looks?

Last edited:
awesome will order right now, the outside is not studded, and its only the ones inside the skid running on studs that disintigrate.... prob when road running as i have longer studs and they prob get pushed up from hard surface.... but thos JT wheels just turned into stop signs.... they were garbage in short time on the studs... on rubber they are ok except for the one that prob is in a tree some where.

I have a 2006 Apex GT that I changed all suspension wheels and bearings to Ski-Doo wheels because of size and cost… They had a wheel that was just a little larger and it took care of Hy-Fax wear and they are still on it today with new bearings replaced twice and wheels still used … Outside band is studed and that was 14 years ago…. Yes Ski-Doo wheels are good with time and miles that prove it ….1 1/4 “ Rip Saw orginal track with 4 - 2 pattern, Woody Megabite studs ..

Do those work on a '17? I have one bad wheel.... Ty
Absolutely. I ran these for thousands of miles.. Actually all 4 inside on a 2017 ltx se... The 21 and 22 procross I have only have 2 wheels inside the rails and I run them also..

Absolutely. I ran these for thousands of miles.. Actually all 4 inside on a 2017 ltx se... The 21 and 22 procross I have only have 2 wheels inside the rails and I run them also..
What I should have said, is it the same diameter as a stock wheel. Lol my bad

I believe they(ski doo) are 1.3 mm bigger.. Not going to effect anything..
...as long as you replace BOTH of them at the same time....

Back