• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

If the 2011 pics are it then yami has lost me after 25years

chunkydunkin

Face it this is the same layout as the RX1...APEX...and now the gen 3....Love the nytro setup just needs to be slightly less steer agressive and way more power....where is the power to stomp a CAT and the tube frame to be trail/off trail dominant.....GAME CHANGER....MAYBE FOR MY 55 year old father! Just so everyone knows I am in my mid-thirties not some 18 year old stand up wantabe snowcross rider.....

Not to stir the pot but I wouldnt be surprised if Doos new Summit will have a SC 1200... That means it will be an early release or full production in the XR chassis for 2012. Talk about a Cat stomper.

I'll have to see what's under the hood, but for now I'll stick with what I already have. My Yami dealer isn't stocking Yami sleds anymore, but is thinking of picking up "other" brands. There may be a Cat in the house in the near future. :drink:

Re: If the 2011 pics are it then yami has lost me after 25ye

chunkydunkin said:
Face it this is the same layout as the RX1...APEX...and now the gen 3....Love the nytro setup just needs to be slightly less steer agressive and way more power....where is the power to stomp a CAT and the tube frame to be trail/off trail dominant.....GAME CHANGER....MAYBE FOR MY 55 year old father! Just so everyone knows I am in my mid-thirties not some 18 year old stand up wantabe snowcross rider.....

Let face it, the Economy is still in pretty rough shape and sleds are not huge market for Yamaha, Let alone the number of riders LOOKING for a Nytro with "way more power". Yes, there is a bunch on this site but this is an enthusiast website. The other Big 3, especially Arctic Cat, have to get the fringe buyers to survive, they have no other company products to help them out so the HAVE to cater to the guys that want a bazillion HP or a super ditch pounder that weighs 350# to get there sales. With out ATV sales, both AC and Polaris would have been done along time ago.

strangeland2 said:
Not to stir the pot but I wouldnt be surprised if
Doos new Summit will have a SC 1200... That means it will be an early release or full production in the XR chassis for 2012. Talk about a Cat stomper.

That and their new 800 etech. I was really hoping to have a new Yami replace my Rev, but if thats the "Game Changer" then I see a new 800 in my garage. I would like to see a 800 Sno Pro and a 800 Rush like their saying...

pure

Pureadrenaline said:
strangeland2 said:
Not to stir the pot but I wouldnt be surprised if
Doos new Summit will have a SC 1200... That means it will be an early release or full production in the XR chassis for 2012. Talk about a Cat stomper.

That and their new 800 etech. I was really hoping to have a new Yami replace my Rev, but if thats the "Game Changer" then I see a new 800 in my garage. I would like to see a 800 Sno Pro and a 800 Rush like their saying...

pure

I wasnt going to mention the Etec as someone on Dootalk said demos are already hitting the stealers. Im hopeful Cat and Poo have newer 4 stroke options. I want something sportier than a twin spar and lighter than an FST. Supposedly the Sno Pro is to small for a larger mill. Some thing about modding the sno pro chassis would delay future releases. Either way if they release something for the 600 and 800 it better have a 4 stroke option also.

Wow, complaining because pictures of a new sled aren't drastically different than what already works. I'm sure the price will go up too. ;):D If 150 hp trail sled isn't enough for you, maybe you SHOULD shop around, or start running turbos or nitrous. I can understand the mountain guys wanting more, but they're usually willing to put the money into the sled. See ya on the trails.

just thinking out loud...

I have a hard time understanding why ANYONE needs more horse power to ride the trails. For boondocking, yes. For lake running, for sure. The mountains, definately. But for the trails....come on. Do you want some weekend warrior racing corner to corner as you and your family come around that corner the other way? If all I did was ride trails I'd buy a Phaser. Well if it came in an XTX.
Ok, now that I ticked everyone off I will say this. I'd LOVE a great handling, light, WARM, turbo charged, reliable, well put together, nice looking, inexpensive (not cheap) . But it's not going to happen from the factory. ANY factory. Guys on DooTalk talk about jumping ship everyday, on HardCore every Brand site has guys storming out the door for greener, or yellower, or bluer pastures.
Tonight will be my 3rd night putting my 1000sdi back together. Oh what fun. But most of us are in this sport because it's a labor of love. Dirty hands, bloody knuckles and the manufactures disappointing us year after year. Or do we just have unrealistic expectations for our $15000 plus?
No matter what you ride you will eventually fell too slow, too bumpy, to costly to run....
A quote from Dave Navarro (a rock star) when asked by Howard Stern why he was breaking up with Carmen Electra (suber hot babe). Dave said " Howard, you show me the HOTTEST woman in the world and I'll show you some guy whose tired of 'bleeping' her"
Maybe I shouldn't think out loud...... ;)!

Re: just thinking out loud...

morg said:
I have a hard time understanding why ANYONE needs more horse power to ride the trails. For boondocking, yes. For lake running, for sure. The mountains, definately. But for the trails....come on. Do you want some weekend warrior racing corner to corner as you and your family come around that corner the other way? If all I did was ride trails I'd buy a Phaser. Well if it came in an XTX.
Ok, now that I ticked everyone off I will say this. I'd LOVE a great handling, light, WARM, turbo charged, reliable, well put together, nice looking, inexpensive (not cheap) . But it's not going to happen from the factory. ANY factory. Guys on DooTalk talk about jumping ship everyday, on HardCore every Brand site has guys storming out the door for greener, or yellower, or bluer pastures.
Tonight will be my 3rd night putting my 1000sdi back together. Oh what fun. But most of us are in this sport because it's a labor of love. Dirty hands, bloody knuckles and the manufactures disappointing us year after year. Or do we just have unrealistic expectations for our $15000 plus?
No matter what you ride you will eventually fell too slow, too bumpy, to costly to run....
A quote from Dave Navarro (a rock star) when asked by Howard Stern why he was breaking up with Carmen Electra (suber hot babe). Dave said " Howard, you show me the HOTTEST woman in the world and I'll show you some guy whose tired of 'bleeping' her"
Maybe I shouldn't think out loud...... ;)!

X2

Back