• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Impressive weight if the info is correct on FX Nytro.

Superman

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.lakeffectsnow.com
Checking out Yamaha's video on weights and comparing it to say a 700 Dragon and current 800 blizzard the Yamaha FX Nytro basically matches these sleds at 576 lbs. ready to ride fully loaded. This is pretty darn impressive. Now I know some will say its only a 7.4 gallon fuel tank on the Nytro but I will be curious to see where the fuel milage comes in on this new 130 engine. Plus those other sleds don't have electric start. If memory serves correct most of the vector owners report excellent milage with the 3 holer. on paper I am impressed.

that puts it at around 500lbs bone dry. If its close to 500lbs, thats a huge step for 4 strokes in the weight category. Especially a 1050 4 stroke.

I would want at least 125 mi capacity. In bad weather breaking trail, milage can drop a lot and there are plenty of places to ride where 120 miles between stops is the distance. I've been close to trouble with my Rx1.

100-120 miles to a tank of fuel on the new FX Nytro. It all depends how much you have the gas mashed!

100 to 120 is just not enough IMO. All the competition 600 class sleds have 10.7 to 12+ gallons of fuel, and pull anywhere between 12 and 18 mpg US. This gives all of the competition a riding range of 140 to 200 miles.

As everyone else has said here a 100 times already, here's my ONLY two real complaints about this new sled:

Needs a 136 option, and more importantly it DESPERATELY needs at least a 9 gallon fuel tank. And sadly these are both deal breakers for me.

Otherwise I really, really like the sled. So here's an easy solution that will change my mind REAL quick for 2009:

Offer me a 136 option that includes (or as an extra cost option) a custom-fit 2 gallon spare gas can that straps to the rear tunnel extension. Easy to engineer, no reason to change the current fuel tank design, and I now have the range I need. My checkbook is open Yamaha...build it and I will buy it...are you listening Yamaha?????

And as a side-note, a sincere thank you for all the info you're providing SRXspec...very helpful.

The FX Nytro is not meant as a trail cruiser sled. If you need more mileage than the FX Nytro can get I would suggest getting a RS Vector model. Just relaying the information as I was told it. Also we will have a tunnel extension kit to make your FX Nytro into a 136" machine!

I agree it is not a trail cruiser, but unfortunately not everyone can have 2 sleds, one or cruising and the other for rough trail. I think the Fx Nytro with the GYTR shocks can be ridden over a very wide range of trail conditions. Yamaha basically tells us that in their advertisements where they show a graph of small,medium and extreme bumps and the FX cover most. It needs a bigger tank for that days you can do high miles on good trails.

Just my opinion. But that is the limiting factor for me to buy this sled and sell my attak.

Matt

I agree they should have made a 136 130hp for an all round sled that can break some trail if need be and still perform on the trail. I run my 151 04 mountain on the trails and it is a work out but I can keep up to most riders with it. I like to be able to go off trail and the nytro fits this bill as your not going to find bumps on the trail now are you. I think Yamaha made a mistake not making at least one of these nytro's a 136 skid model.

Sled Dog said:
I agree they should have made a 136 130hp for an all round sled that can break some trail if need be and still perform on the trail. I run my 151 04 mountain on the trails and it is a work out but I can keep up to most riders with it. I like to be able to go off trail and the nytro fits this bill as your not going to find bumps on the trail now are you. I think Yamaha made a mistake not making at least one of these nytro's a 136 skid model.

the 136 is the feature I wanted most also... the larger fuel tank I'd be willing to surrender,,, for a 136 Nitro...

Maybe 09, but for now, it seems an 02 MM is what I'm riding..

Why would you want a 136 on a Nytro? The sled is built for one purpose & one purpose only: Ditch banging. It aint no trail cruiser or trail breaker, it's for pounding bumps. A 136 would probably be ok but it would compromise what it was built for IMO.

Back