• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Install anti ratchet drivers changing to 136" 1.5 ripsa

Re: drivers

black john said:
rx 1 mtn,s came with 8 tooth drvers. std rx 1,s came with 9 tooth and yes you must run a fully cliped track. as well as cut down the drivers.

Do you mean to say that some people cut 1/4" or so off the tips of the antiratchets? That kind of defeats the purpose of them a little bit doesn't it?

I cut 1/4" off my rail tips and ground down the rail tip covers about another 3/8" so that they are more rounded and my extroverts clear fine now. Much easier to do while the skid is out though!!

BRP Extroverts are as follows:

8 tooth #504152552
9 tooth #504152503
10 tooth #504152502

these drivers are appx. $50 US each

I wish I would have installed these instead of the Kinetics I'm running now. The Kinetics are good, but these are better.

You need only two drivers and you will have to press them on/off. Have a shop do that for you, they'll take all the measurements and place them accordingly. They shouldn't charge you more than 1/2 hr labour for that.

I find it pretty flippin' hilarious that I came here in 2024 looking for this info, only to find that I posted the info myself back in 2006... almost 20yrs ago. What's perhaps the most striking is that my old RX-1 is still going. God love Yamaha's reliability.

Back