• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing frt end bushings

Why do people install them two different ways. In the instructions it reads to put the bulkhead bushing from the outside in. The stock bushings go inside out.

What i did was install the front bulkhead bushing first the use the bolt with a washer on the end and pounded in the back bushing. Bolt would keep the bushig pretty square going in and washer saved the flanges. worked out well.

stephenpen said:
We do people install them two different ways. In the instructions it reads to put the bulkhead bushing from the outside in. The stock bushings go inside out.

I contacted Ulmer after I put mine in the same way the factory did, he said he instructs the other way as it is easier but said doing it the stock way doesn't make much of a difference.

If I had of read the instructions, I would have saved myself some grieve! :o|

I just finished installing the Ulmers kit and like the some of the others I install the upper a-arms from the inside. It just looked to be the right way and I used the bolt/nut method to press them in. Just be careful not to tap themout when re-installing the shaft. They made a huge difference and the front end is tight as a frog's #$%&* under water. I did mine the same time I was changing the oil, need to remove basically the same items. Good luck

use a bolt with washers and a nut.

it is super easy to install the bushings in tight spaces with a bolt and washers. when you start tightening up the nut it will align itself perfectly and not damage the flange.

Back