• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Insurance

meklke

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper
Any suggestions on reasonable insurance for the 998 RX-1. And yes I did try the search.

In December I bought two new RX-1's (an '03 and an '05). I called several places getting insurance. It wasn't a pretty site.

I wound up with only liability for $275 for the year for the pair. Full coverage would've cost me $400+ per year a piece. As an after thought, I called them back to add liability for my '97 Ski Doo Deluxe 500 (wife's sled). The premium DROPPED to $270 total for all three. Go figure.

My wife and I are in our 40's, she has an excellent driving record, I had a 65 in a 55 speeding ticket 2 years ago.

Good luck.

DOESN'T ANYONE ON HERE SELL INSURANCE FOR SLEDS? MIGHT THERE BE SUCH A THING AS A "GROUP RATE" IF WE ALL GOT TOGETHER???

I have insurance from Farmers Insurance. They use Foremost (one of their partner companies) for toys. I pay about $260 per year for full coverage. My brother has two RX-1's and his is the same. I know that around us MetLife is not bad either.

I have mine through Erie Insurance and i pay $138 for an 01 mxz 700 and $173 for an 03 RX 1 for full coverage on both. I was paying $154 a year for a 92 vmax4. I called around last week and one place was as high as $1200 a year.

$340 per year w/Nationwide, full coverage w/ $250 deductibles. This is the cheapest I could find! My old company wanted $800+ for full coverage. I think insurance companies have adjusted their calculation method with more four-strokes hitting the market. The old formula of determining risk by cc's is old news.

If you serverd in the military USAA can't be beat.
$84.07 for full coverage $100 ded. for comprehensive and $200 ded. for collision.

well after several calls I finnally got a fair rate at liberty mutual for 174.00 a year with full coverage and 200 deductable. I had to move one of my cars over to them to get that rate. I had several companys that would not even talk to me because the cc were so high ( and I talking the vector) I would ;) just keep calling . I was just about to give up when I got this rate .some were as high as 2200 . Well let us know what you end up with for a rate. ;)!

Back