• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Insurance ?

diesel kid

Getting ready to get my sled ( 09 SE) and the bank says i need full coverage ok so i call foremost today 800 bucks for full coverage. This is at the bare min coverage that i need. anybody else paying that much? dont understand why its so much for a sled that we ride for 4 months a year. liability is all i ever had cause you need that to ride in VT. paid 150 for liability on my rev and the nytro is 179 so not to bad but 620 for the rest is crazy . any suggestions to save some money?

$800 is a lot!... I pay less than $350/year for my 08 with $9,000 limit of coverage and a $250 deductible.

marsh14 said:
I had full on my sled for $86 from state farm. Haven't got my xtx yet so I don't know how much.

I'm gonna ask my State Farm agent why I'm paying $270 for collision and liability and your getting it for only $86. I even have 2 vechicles, home and 2 sleds on the policy. Absolutely no tickets or accidents to speak of. I better not be getting hosed by my agaent.

Snowman07 said:
marsh14 said:
I had full on my sled for $86 from state farm. Haven't got my xtx yet so I don't know how much.

I'm gonna ask my State Farm agent why I'm paying $270 for collision and liability and your getting it for only $86. I even have 2 vechicles, home and 2 sleds on the policy. Absolutely no tickets or accidents to speak of. I better not be getting hosed by my agaent.

Thinking the same thing. My Apex was 3 or 4 something a year. Have everything else through them as well. They'll be getting a call. The $86 has to be three months or something.

I'd be surprised if anyone is getting full coverage for under $500. I realize that the US price is cheaper, but we are still talking about a $10000 dollar performance vehicle.

I pay $86 per year for Fire, theft and Liability and was quoted almost $900 for full coverage (with multi vehicle discounts and home insurance etc).

The only way I could see it being cheap is if the insurance company takes into account that you are only using the machine for 5 to 6 months at most. Even so, it could wreck in your garage if you ran into it with your car or something.

Interesting topic.

No offense to anyone who works for or owns an insurance company, but I feel it's one of the biggest scams ever invented. You pay a premium in case something happens. If it does, the fix it for you, and then you pay more than you did. So in the end, you likely pay as much or more than you would have.

Oh well...Gotta have it.

hahaha what you guys pay is a joke,, im getting a xtx so i shopped around 4 places, the cheapest quote i got was 1300$ cad...thank god im not gettin a rtx as i was quoted 2000$..im only 23

Diesel kid... my sled is insured with a medium sized Midwest Insurance Company (Pekin Insurance). I have my house, autos, sled, and trailer all with Pekin. They will only cover people who live in IL, IA, IN, OH, & WI!

Just over $200 for full coverage for the year on my 08 Nytro from Liberty Mutual. Wife's 07 Phazer is less than $125 for full coverage.

tell foremost you will pay for it using the payment plan, Make the minimum payments and once the sledding season is over take off the collision and drop evrything else to the minimum. doing it that way it should only cost you about 450.

i priced some (online) for insurance.

the classifications are wrong.. as soon as you enter 1000cc +... its going by a 2 stroke cc classification.

when i use a 600cc classification, the price is about right ><

so until they stop using CCs to measure amount of $$ you pay, u have to work around it.
or find a competent agent who knows what a snowmobile is, and what a 4 stroke is..and what a turbo is.. etc

Back