• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interesting Skid Shock Spring info

How should I adjust the 160 lb spring, off the ground?How much should I adjust, how many turns?

Awesome read. I just picked up a 2016 XTX 3 weeks ago, and I'm pushing 500+km so far. Riding solo, I'm finding the steering okay, but it definitely pushes. However, the wife jumped on the 2-up on Saturday for a cruise, by gods the handling just...yeah. Bad..
I'm a heavy lad, and the wife's a hearty German lass, so between the both of us we're pushing 550lbs. Would going to the 160lb spring be adequate, or should I look for a heavier dual-rated spring? I'm still dialing everything in, but honestly the ride with her on the back was incredibly difficult, so I'm hoping someone with some experience can offer advice.

Awesome read. I just picked up a 2016 XTX 3 weeks ago, and I'm pushing 500+km so far. Riding solo, I'm finding the steering okay, but it definitely pushes. However, the wife jumped on the 2-up on Saturday for a cruise, by gods the handling just...yeah. Bad..
I'm a heavy lad, and the wife's a hearty German lass, so between the both of us we're pushing 550lbs. Would going to the 160lb spring be adequate, or should I look for a heavier dual-rated spring? I'm still dialing everything in, but honestly the ride with her on the back was incredibly difficult, so I'm hoping someone with some experience can offer advice.
A XTX is not made for 2 people no matter the weight. If you are riding double do a search for Overload springs. Many have installed them and are very happy.

Awesome, thank you! That might be just what I'm looking for.

The wife's ~likely~ not going to ride with me much, but who knows. So far its just a couple of leisurely cruises, but we'll see where it takes us. At least I know what to look at if she wants to ride more (other than getting her her own damned sled).
Appreciate it.

Bought a new to me 14 viper xtx and been reading thru this thread. Seems a 160 lb spring is the key to lighten up the steering for a 200 lb rider. Any new updates in the last couple of years for xtx front spring rate? Can you get a oem from Yamaha now or stick with the cat dual rate or Zbroz 160lb spring? Or any other good options?
Thanks

Zbroz will ask you for your weight and give you a spring based on your weight and what sled you have . I got a zbroz 14o pound center spring.

hygear has a dual rate center spring

My rider weight is higher, plus I carry gear and sometimes fuel in my Powder Keg, so I got a 175 lb center spring. Still waiting for more snow before I can fully test, but so far it is a big improvement over stock XTX spring. May also be a result of the Hygear linkage and new rear shock I put in this summer too.

Back