• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intro and stator problem?

Adrakisz

Hey all been a long time viewer of the forum decided its time to introduce my self and look for some insight on my new found problem as well lol.

proud owner of a 03 rx1 ER, Modded stock exhuast, newly installed muffin works 136 with tip up rail extensions as well as tunnel. (lovin it!) and a seat jack for the girlfriend.

been a rough week, just finished installing the extention on monday and decided to go for a test ride. Not even five minutes into the ride belt starts shredding so I pull over to find the driven clutch fixed sheave broken. Oh well it happens first problem with the sled so far. today get the new clutch on and decided to go for a real test ride in the powder. amazing love the new found traction!

So test rides over now heres were the trouble starts. left the sled outside cleaned the garage go to start it after. wont start. pushed it in the garage started testing and I beleive its my stator thats let go. Did the test according to my stervice manual on the connector and getting 0 ohms so im led to beleive the stator is gone unfourtunately. tried searching for a while found lots but not enough to make me completely confident its the stator.

besides that heres a few pics of the sled with extention and seat jack to. lots of pics in the album as well as a few preview videos of the exhuast!
Cant wait to get it running again!!

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/atvstevo1337/Sled/

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0355-Copy.jpg

are you sure its the stator? pull a plug, plug the coil on it, ground the plug on engine and wind it over, do you have spark. repeat with a new plug if necessary. the stator could go but its not very common.

checkd all the plugs for fire, tried a new one for the sake of trying it. tested the coils. when I tested the pickup coil it was in spec but the rotor wasent, mind you there is 20k on this sled lol

Update, got a stator last weekend and ended up getting a new windshield choke lever and gauge plastics to. Sleds working like a dream again!
Hi Adrakisz, was the stator hard to change? Lot's to take off?

Back