• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX Warrior Stator Replacement

craigreavley

Country
USA
Snowmobile
yamahas
Dealer wanted 500 dollars labor to install a stator on my rx warrior. Said it involved pulling engine mounts and exhaust and a ton of labor. Didn't have 500 so I bought a used stator and a new gasket and installed it myself. Im new to this forum, and don't know how to post photos yet, but it was not a bad job at all. I was able to pull the side oil tank and not disconnect the bottom lines. Was able to reach all of the stator cover bolts, and the cover came off easily, I didn't have to jack up the motor, or undo motor mounts at all. Installed the new stator and new gasket, replaced the oil that ran out when I took the cover off, and fired it up. So far seems to work headlight is bright, grips all work and get hot, so I am hoping it is resolved. I found 2 small pieces of metal that had been bouncing around the stator, and cut the stator wires where they leave the stator. This is the first 4 stroke machine I have had, so its all new to me, been running enticers, exciters, v maxs, and triple 2 stroke ventures for many years new to the 4 stroke scene.

I tried to upload photos but keep getting a warning that the file is too large any ideas to make it work??

2.png

hey I figured out the photo posting had to decrease the pixels to 900 to decrease the file size to less than 2.0mb and they uploaded just fine sorry about all the posts just trying to learn this site

I tried to upload photos but keep getting a warning that the file is too large any ideas to make it work??
If they are on your phone email them to yourself and select the smaller size when prompted. Then they will allow you to save them to your desktop and then upload them from your desktop. Yes the stator is a very simple job, had to do one on my RX that was stolen.

Dealer wanted 500 dollars labor to install a stator on my rx warrior. Said it involved pulling engine mounts and exhaust and a ton of labor. Didn't have 500 so I bought a used stator and a new gasket and installed it myself. Im new to this forum, and don't know how to post photos yet, but it was not a bad job at all. I was able to pull the side oil tank and not disconnect the bottom lines. Was able to reach all of the stator cover bolts, and the cover came off easily, I didn't have to jack up the motor, or undo motor mounts at all. Installed the new stator and new gasket, replaced the oil that ran out when I took the cover off, and fired it up. So far seems to work headlight is bright, grips all work and get hot, so I am hoping it is resolved. I found 2 small pieces of metal that had been bouncing around the stator, and cut the stator wires where they leave the stator. This is the first 4 stroke machine I have had, so its all new to me, been running enticers, exciters, v maxs, and triple 2 stroke ventures for many years new to the 4 stroke scene.
I think your dealer was maybe just mistaken about the model possibly. Changing the stator on the Vectors requires all that extra work, but the Apex and RX-1 is easy.
However, it is their job to know this.
The stator doesn't appear burnt. Is it physically damaged? What are those pieces?

Thanks, craigreavley for posting. I am running into problems with my stator I think and want to change it out. Your pics are a lifesaver, I have a 04 LE 136" warrior, new to 4 strokes and this form. Looks pretty straight fwd. I found out on this form, to use the snipping tool for downsizing pics, very easy to use and then upload smaller pics. Did you check ohms resistance on the stator before removing it? Also, did you have the sled running while doing this test? I was told not too.

Last edited:
Craig--I think the small pieces of metal are the teeth on the flywheel--you have a big problem then, Major damages were incurred and you have to re pull it and change the flywheel and go through the engine. Posts on this site about that. Regarding your Stator job--any tricks? source on how to do? other things that could help me? I have an 06 RS Venture

Back