• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is anyone running with the TORS bypassed?

John1Ohio

Extreme
Website
home.neo.rr.com
If the CDI is bad and recalled because of the issue with the TORS activating, what else is the CDI supposed to do that it is not doing correctly? My wife has a 2005 RS Vector that we bought and paid for 1-1/2 years ago. I broke my leg first day out last year so we only rode 97 miles. Her TORS is activating but with all the snow, I do not want it in the shop to miss riding. I have an appointment for tomorrow so hpopefully someone will give me some input.
Thanks
John

Well if you have an appointment to get it fixed you won't have to worry about it. If for some reason they don't have the parts to fix it, you can ride it with the tors unhooked.

In The SHop

It is in the shop. It is getting a new CDI, TORS unit(whatever that is) and the clutch o rings. They are going to put thinner washers on the secondary for me since it is in there. We are riders in western New York where they are getting hammered with snow so we need it by the weekend. I will have it Thursday. I have a great dealer and ride with one of the guys when I can. Yamaha Of Warren - Ohio

I've had TORS bypassed since 2005 with zero issues. I even got the new CDI box and never undid the bypass. TORS is a Japanese overthought "POKA-YOKE" (Error-proofing in their culture) to prevent a mishap. But let's face it, if your carbs are icing up to the point that they will stick at WOT, you will feel them getting tight as you work the throttle before that actually happens. The TORS kicking in at unexpected times almost got me into many accidents, so I feel safer with it bypassed.

tors on the wifes sleds been disconnected from the first time it acted up. If I truely felt it was a safety issue it would be functional. i haven't had a sled with it really working properly yet going back to the srv days

I unhooked mine last week. I think I will just keep it that way. It's suppose to be a safety feature that about made me have a serious crash when the TORS activated for no reason. Go figure :o|

Update on Wife's Vector

They called last night which was Thursday night as my dealer said they would. Man, they are a great dealer. Secondary spacers, primary bushings and CDI box. Yamaha paid everything because of recalls and bulletins. They said it runs great. I am picking it up at 3 and we are headed to Chautauqua Lake New York. Great riding to be had this weekend. We hope!!!
:4STroke:

Yea your right about that dealer (Yamaha of Warren). I'm here in Columbus, Ga. and have purchased some parts through them and they sure are helpful. Giving credit when it is due!
:Rockon: Yamaha of Warren

Runs Great

We picked up the my wife's Vector and rode a couple hundred miles over the weekend. The sled runs great now. The problem with the CDI was a bad program right from the factory. They replaced it and should have no more problems. It runs great.

Re: Runs Great

John1Ohio said:
We picked up the my wife's Vector and rode a couple hundred miles over the weekend. The sled runs great now. The problem with the CDI was a bad program right from the factory. They replaced it and should have no more problems. It runs great.

i didnt have any problems with my tors til i hit 2900 miles on my sled then it acted up and ruined my entire trip up north cuz i didnt know how to bypass it

my sled did not even leave my friends dealership and i had my TORS bypassed. i have never had or heard of anybodies carbs on a fourstroker getting iced up.

i have unhooked the tors on all my other yamaha sleds but how do you unhook it on these 4 stroke engines its a pain on my with 05 vector

Back