• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it advisable to ride 2 up?

YukonMP

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 Venture MultiPurpose 2020 VK Professional ll
Not sure if that title is really acurate but if you are reading this it did the job.

My dilemna is that Yamaha does not make a 2 up quad. My local Yamaha dealer is the best and it would be with considerable reluctance that I looked elsewhere. My best option is looking like a Polaris Touring or riding double on a Yamaha.

I have never owned a quad before and only drove one for an hour or two so I need the advice of experienced riders. It would usually be two adults on dirt trails in the summer, on the rocky lakeshore and on the ice in the spring. This thing is for transportation, not thrills. I'm sure the smallest engines are enough. My greatest concern is for a mickey mouse accident coming up off the lake and flipping it backwards.

As ever, thanks for your time, TY is the best.

Not sure if that title is really acurate but if you are reading this it did the job.

My dilemna is that Yamaha does not make a 2 up quad. My local Yamaha dealer is the best and it would be with considerable reluctance that I looked elsewhere. My best option is looking like a Polaris Touring or riding double on a Yamaha.

I have never owned a quad before and only drove one for an hour or two so I need the advice of experienced riders. It would usually be two adults on dirt trails in the summer, on the rocky lakeshore and on the ice in the spring. This thing is for transportation, not thrills. I'm sure the smallest engines are enough. My greatest concern is for a mickey mouse accident coming up off the lake and flipping it backwards.

As ever, thanks for your time, TY is the best.

Well you can get Bombardier 2 up or Cat makes one too but its way more fun to be in a SXS. I have 2 uped on my Grizzly many many times and its ok if you add a rack pack.

1586d1203816017-2-up-seat-angle_a.jpg

2 up is not the best for driver or passenger,but if you're careful and lean your body the best you can you can go almost anywhere

2 up prevents you from leaning forward, locking the front brake, and doing Kyle Bush style burnouts on a dirt road. Not that anyone would find that entertaining!!
:flag:
We ride double if needed, usually in the woods looking for trees to cut, so just slide forward....should be no issue. Old Suzuki quadmaster.
My son in law has an old bus seat on the rear rack, on a honda rancher, and I've sat back there before on a few steep hills. Didn't feel like it was going to flip...

Back