• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is There a Simple Secondary Set Up to Reduce Engine Braking?

WildMax

Just wondering if a dual cut helix with a shallower back angle and a lower spring wind on the secondary would reduce the engine braking effect? I did a search on this and find clutch kits but not much on the specifics.

I use a Team Secondary

46-34F/48-34F red/pink spring

Setup I use on a TSS-04 team secondary. got rid of most of the engine breaking on my 05 Vector.

I guess I should have mentioned I have a mountain Vector. Yours was probably 43 degree stock, the mountain is 39. Looks like you increased a little on the front and dropped about 9 degrees on the back of the helix.

REDUCING ENGINE BRAKING

I HAVE READ AND TALK TO GUYS ABOUT HOW THEY DISLIKE THE ENGINE
BREAKING. WHEN FIRST GOT MY SLED 2006 VECTOR GT IT DID SEEM
DIFFERNT. AFTER I GOT USE TO IT I THINK IT A GOOD THING. I LOVE DRIVING INTO CORNERS REAL HARD WITHOUT ANYING HAND BREAKING. SUM RIDERS TELL ME MY BREAK LIGHT DOES NOT WORK. JUST DO NOT USE THE BREAK MUCH.

LIKE ENGINE BREAKING TOMBOB

I also like the engine breaking on my Vector. Wasn't really aware of it until I read about here on this sight. Same thing here. Guys tell me my brake lights arn't working.

my phazer had a lot of engine breaking. I got Ulmers primary clutch kit and it reduced it down to the perfect amount for the way I ride. It is still there, i just do not get thrown foreward anymore.

I love the engine braking on my 06 Rage.
The guys ask me to please touch the brake so the light comes on though.

I am getting a 2012 vector LTX and hear they reduced the engine braking...I just hope not too much.

Dara said:

I am getting a 2012 vector LTX and hear they reduced the engine braking...I just hope not too much.

It's still there but less.The 2012 vector ltx is probaly the best trail riding sled I ever drove.

I just let off more smoothly and you can control it that way. Seems bad at first but a couple of rides and it nice not have to use the brakes. I have to tap my brake to trip the brake light so the riders behind know Im stopping.

Changing the primary spring will get rid of most of it nothing to do with sec. clutch or helix anyways not to sure what spring people are using

pro116 said:
Dara said:

It's still there but less.The 2012 vector ltx is probaly the best trail riding sled I ever drove.

This is good to hear. Its 80 degrees out and I can't wait for winter

Back