• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Iso clutching help on 2014 yamaha nytro mtx

Jfordnytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 yamaha nytro mtx se 153 (mcxpress 270 turbo)
Hey guys, i have searched through this whole website and haven't found exactly what i need for information, i have a 2014 mcxpress 270 turbo yamaha nytro mtx se with a 153x2.5 challenger extreme track with 20/40 gearing that i have spent a ton of time trying to tune these clutches and have yet to figure out an ideal setup for a good mix of backshift and upshift, the biggest thing i want is throttle response for boondocking and tree riding... all setups are with 14.5 rollers .. also im 250lbs
1600 ft elevation at home
6000-7500 in the hills
I have tried.

8bu-00 weights loaded with b-w-b primary and white secondary at 60-70° and a 47° straight yamaha helix

Dalton dtya-1 with bwb and white secondary at 60° with a 45° and 47°

Ulmer racing clutch kit with 60g super tips set with more and less heal and tip weight, tried everything possible for moving weight around, o-y-o spring, then b-wb, ran the k helix the kit came with with white secondary spring at 70°
Went back to the 47° straight cut with yamaha white at 70° great upshift, not great throttle response
Tried epi purple at 0-1 with straight47°, great pull but grenaded the belt in 5 min..

The most reasonable setup i had was t-2 in heel, 0 mid, 2-3 tip with oyo primary and the straight 47° with the yamaha white at 70° but still not great throttle response

Shmidt brother setup
Dalton dtya-1 with sb turbo primary spring and the black epi at 90° (0-3) with sb 48-43-48 helix, decent setup but still not ideal

Not sure if i should be going back to the super tips with the oyo primary spring and run the sb 48-43-48 with the black epi or what the hell to do but i feel like im chasing my damn tail, i need help if possible... not trying to be the fastest top speed but rather trying to fine a happy medium... any help is appreciated at this point ... thanks in advance

Back