• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It's Getting Time.

recinc

Well guys its getting time to get the sleds out and geter runnen for the beloved snow season. I thought I would remind some of you that think fuel stabilizers will prevent their carbs from getting dirty. Their sadly mistaken In some cases I guess. Particularly in the midwest where their using Oxygenated fuel. Ive actually had done some research on the topic and almost every case w/oxy fuel at least there has been an unknown partical at least so far hav'nt done any lab testing or anything. From what it looks like some sort of crystalization occuring in the fuel chamber. Any way I hav'nt seen any engine seizures result. I have seen it plug many of pilot jets. If your unfamiliar the idle jet. this is a picture of one case in which the subject was preped with stabilizer and stored in an attached garage of the subjects house. Oh almost forgot for a period of 5 months. Ive actually seen it come from brand new sleds which were gassed up before putting them on the showroom. I also did a study on what type of material dissolves this so called crystal in which I might add did'nt start seeing until the oxygenated fuel went on the market. The study I did was taking some of cleaners I had and putting some of the material and submerging it in (gumout carb clean , seafoam , and Yamaha carb cleaner ) none of which dissolved the material completely. The Yamaha carb cleaner did the best job though. The other two did'nt dissolve it at all. In fact I put the samples away for two weeks and the material still had not dissolved. I guess the moral of this story is CLEAN YOUR CARBS!!!!! Without knowing exactly what there putting in this so called gas there is no way to prepare for what happens when you store it. For any amount of time. Happy trails :wink: :wink:

Attachments

• bug2sml.jpg
    bug2sml.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 175

Looks like someone flicked a booger into your airbox when you weren't lookin'! :lol:

Did you try brake cleaner?

That stuff looks like what's left when there's water in your gas and it evaporates in the bowl.

Back