• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jack seat help

SAB1

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
2010 Vector GT
2006 Apex
Got jack seat for my 06 apex so I Installed the brackets on to the sled but when I put the seat on its as if the brackets need to be bent down.. The seat doesn't sit flush on the brackets not sure if that's how it is or if I did something wrong

You probably put the brackets on wrong (backwards), take them off and change sides. I'm sure they are not bent as thick of steel as they use. It would take a sledge hammer and Hercules to bend them .

Here's the best picture that I have at work.

Attachments

• P1000613.JPG
    P1000613.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 112
Do the holes line up but the seat mount does not sit flush on the brackets? As long as sides of the brackets are vertical and you can get the holes to line up I think you are okay. Going by memory I don't think the two horizontal surfaces made contact, it is just the screws taking the load.

Thanks all. My son was messing with the install yesterday. Prior owner had a Jack Seat on it but took it when we bought the sled. My son had everything on correctly. THe problem was that the rear of the bracket was bumping up against the round bar that you use to lift the rear of the machine if needed so it wasnt sitting flush on the rails of the machine. It looks like if we shim it with piece of 1/4 in. aluminum we should be alright.

Back