• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jacket riding up my back

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
Anybody else have this problem? No matter which jacket I wear, it rides up my back and my back gets cold. Every so often, I have to stop, stand up and do the "Picard tug". Even though I wear a full bib, my back gets cold.

I'm a big guy, 320 lbs, 6'2" and the new FXR jacket I'm currently wearing is a 4x so not tight by any means. I've had this problem forever, even in my slimmer days. Anybody have a solution to this? And no, I don't want to wear a 70's onesie. :D

Maybe just hand sew a small patch of velcro on the inside of the jacket and outside of the pants at the perfect spot when sitting on the sled, When you stand up that will be too high but you can just brush it open with one hand and the back of the jacket will drop down. I'm glad to see you are riding. You didnt get much of a season last year ... I felt for ya,

Buying a TOBE one piece this summer w/ all the sizes in stock.. I wear an insulated one piece ice fishing and almost nothing underneath and have never ever been cold except for the pocket zippers. Taking a dump in the woods or a awful unclean outhouse does not outweigh the benefits of warmth and especially movement

Maybe just hand sew a small patch of velcro on the inside of the jacket and outside of the pants at the perfect spot when sitting on the sled, When you stand up that will be too high but you can just brush it open with one hand and the back of the jacket will drop down. I'm glad to see you are riding. You didnt get much of a season last year ... I felt for ya,

Good idea! I ordered this 2" wide stuff and should be here on Sunday. Only thing I'm wondering is if the sticky will hold enough.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0766415G7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Buying a TOBE one piece this summer w/ all the sizes in stock.. I wear an insulated one piece ice fishing and almost nothing underneath and have never ever been cold except for the pocket zippers. Taking a dump in the woods or a awful unclean outhouse does not outweigh the benefits of warmth and especially movement

That's what I meant with no onesie (one piece suit). :D

https://www.amazon.com/FunnyDogClot...keywords=dog+suspenders&qid=1611335210&sr=8-2

Ok it's Friday and this is kind of a joke but I think it could work! Attach inside your jacket to your Bibs or you might get a lot of questions :)

That may give me an external wedgie. :eek: Maybe not like that exactly but maybe suspenders cut and sewn to the inside of the jacket and clipped to the bibs. I'm sure I have an old pair I could use. I might look at this if the velcro doesn't work out.

Any other ideas I'm also open to.

i tend to prefer parka style over bomber jacket style as the bombers tend to ride up on me without using the draft skirt to hold them down. had one without the draft skirt and gave it away as it was too cold for me to ride in.

That's just it, it's long enough to halfway down to my butt so when I tug on it and sit down, I try to get my butt to keep it down but it eventually rides up my back again. Probably my body shape has something to do with it.

might have to get one of the pit coats they have for the snow crosser racers that would basicly drag on the ground for me at 5'6".

I just retired one of those. I liked it but it did get wet from sitting on it and stuff melting.

That or a trench coat. :rofl:Being tall does have its problems.

So I’m thinking place your Velcro patch on your jacket inside then take your old suspenders and shorten the up and sew a Velcro patch on one end then use the clips to attach to the bibs . This will allow for movement and not stress the Velcro

Shape is not word that has applied to my body for a very long time.
Remember round is a shape! That's what I go by.

LOL! At my old work, we had a Physical Abilities Requirement Exam (PARE). I'd tell them "Hey, your have PEAR spelled wrong. I pass because I'm pear shaped"

Put the 2" wide velcro on the jacket and on the bibs. The glue seems to stick pretty good. I put it a little higher than full tugged down so it does have some slack. Heading out now to give it a try.

Success! Went for a good ride and my jacket stayed put. When I took off my jacket and separated the velcro from each other, they stayed where they were. The glue held.

Thanks guys f0r the ideas.

Back