• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jackshaft bearing

jeff_yam

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Viper LTX-LE
Anyone know what is the easiest way to remove the 6206 bearing behind the secondary sheave?

Envoyé de mon Galaxy S7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Anyone know what is the easiest way to remove the 6206 bearing behind the secondary sheave?

Warm up the brace its in and give the shaft a tap from the chaincase side with deadblow plastic hammer.

Ok but Is possible to change it without opening the chaincase?

Never did myself but you may be able remove brace bolts to rotate the brace and get enough room to get it off with heat,very careful tap and good support of the shaft. I do not recommend doing it like that. You would be better off just cleaning and regreasing that bearing if not willing to open chaincase

For me, I re
Ok but Is possible to change it without opening the chaincase?

I think it's will be a pain if you not opening the chain case! If you had never change the upper gear in the chain case it's a good opportunity to replace it in same time. Because this gear take a lot of wear in a few miles

Never did myself but you may be able remove brace bolts to rotate the brace and get enough room to get it off with heat,very careful tap and good support of the shaft. I do not recommend doing it like that. You would be better off just cleaning and regreasing that bearing if not willing to open chaincase
Do you know the part number for that gear('14 LTX SE).

Here you go Compliments of Port Yamaha. 14 LTX SE Gear. Ask for TY Discount. If under warranty yet turn it in. Should not have to be paying for this every year. But either way replace it if the gray coating is wore and it will be.
LTX SE Top Gear.jpg

Back