• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jet coating?????

I just had my muffler coated on my Vector to try and cut down on under-seat heat. Next year I'll do the turbo and exhaust pipe.

I had my whole system done at Northeast Coatings in Berlin Ct.
They did the "Y" pipe and the exhaust side of the turbo housing with their ultra high temp coating (good to 2,000F) and the exhaust pipe with the standard 1,300F shiny silver coating.
I haven't run it yet, but everyone that's had it done says it works great and is worth the investment. About $210.00 for the whole thing.
Otis

I think I'll try the pipes this year. If it holds out well I will do the turbo housing next year. I wrapped the exaust pipes last year but some of those high speed runs eat away at the wrap in a couple of spots. ;)! Thanks guys

Swain Tech - White Lightning

I coated my entire exhaust system from the motor back and the heat shields. When I shut off the sled, any snow that drops on the pipes will not melt ~ it is that cool. You can even put your hand on it in the shop. Highly recommend. I have a S/C but this should work even better for Turbo applications.

Edit: this is Swain Tech White Lightning coating. All of my 2-s's I use Jet Hot.

Attachments

• wl (3).JPG
    wl (3).JPG
    33 KB · Views: 51
  • wl.JPG
    wl.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 74
Here's a pic of mine.

The exhaust tip is the standard ceramic coating, shiny look.
The turbo housing and pipes are satin ceramic coated. Good to 2,000F withour lifting or cracking. I wanted the extra insurance and durability.

Attachments

• barbs sled and turbo 001.jpg
    barbs sled and turbo 001.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 60
Yup, Fireball Coatings also does a great job of this up here in Canada!!!

sled

Does anyone do that coating up here in BC? i live in the okanogan and would like to get that done if theres some one local who does it

Re: sled

summitking said:
Does anyone do that coating up here in BC? i live in the okanogan and would like to get that done if theres some one local who does it

The real bonus for you is that Fireball Coatings is in Ontario...so you wouldn't have to worry about the border, should you choose to have your stuff done by him!!

Summitking, you should give Alpine/Powderlites a call where they have there headers done. Last year I had my cpr header done in Edmonton with the 2000F stuff, it fell off. Another buddy had his boondocker header done also, it didn't work. This year I have a Powderlit header, and coating is standing up alot better, will be able to tell by the end of the season. I think the only stuff that works is the Swain coatings like the pics. Only problem for us its in NY.

Does the whole turbo need to be dissasembled to coat the center housing, or can it just be taped off and sprayed? I don't think oven temps reach operating temps.

It's the best I've seen yet, it's only been one season but running boost, it's doing great. I will be doing my Grizzly pipe the winter .. I won't use anyting else now, even for looks after seeing how WL performs.

Back