• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jetting with an ECP kit and Velocity rings

coldwater

Extreme
I have the ECP kit in right now and my sled runs like a dream. I am thinkin of puttin in some velocity rings to get that extra kick, but am wondering if I'll have to adjust my jetting, clips, etc. Whaddya think?

What will the Velocity rings do? I have an 05 with the filters,springs rejetted and etc...from back when I first got it.
Sled runs great but I know it is a PITA to get the filters on the carbs.
Also...what do I clean the K&N's with? Water? Then use their spray? I have never cleaned them. Also...are prefilters really necessary? Are they mainly for snowdust? I put some foam screen in my hood vents and it really seems to work well.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

K&N sells a kit to clean the filters. Comes with cleaner and then oil. You clean them first with the spray, then after they dry you oil them. Should be done once a season.

The prefilters are waterproof, (they also sell ones that are not). Keeps the water out of the filters from the melting snow dust.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Thanks SnoWarrior.
Anyone (supertuner) have more info on the Velocity rigs? Cost and will I need to retune the clutches and/or sync the carbs again?
Speaking of syncing the carbs...If I buy the tool is it that hard to do? Anyone have info on the tool and how it's done?
I have an SRX also so I would not mind learning how to do it.

SNOWDOG said:
Thanks SnoWarrior.
Anyone (supertuner) have more info on the Velocity rigs? Cost and will I need to retune the clutches and/or sync the carbs again?
Speaking of syncing the carbs...If I buy the tool is it that hard to do? Anyone have info on the tool and how it's done?
I have an SRX also so I would not mind learning how to do it.

I have the rings on mine and it runs great. Freddie sells the rings and adheasive to install them. If you put them on right, so they are all straight, the filters go on very easy and stay on tight. I have run mine for 2 seasons and never had a filter come loose.

No. you do not have to retune anything. Good idea to sync the carbs again. It takes me about 10 minutes to do mine, had some practice. There is a good write up in the tech section on the syncing, or you could do a search.

Give Freddie a call, he is a great guy to deal with and knows his stuff. ;)!

www.easterncycleperf.com/

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Just a word on syncing.... In my opinion you should just stop by the local shop and have them do it... Only takes a minute and considering the cost of buying a syncing tool, put that money toward a new mod like velocity rings.

Back