• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just bought a Yammie MTX

LuckydawgAK

Extreme
:Rockon:

New to Yammies. Thought I would say hello.. I have mostly been trail riding so this MT / boondocking stuff is all new. This is my third winter in Alaska so I thought I would brighten things up a bit this year. The boondockers have way more fun imo than the trail riders.

Took my first ride in Petersville and found 2 1/2 ft of nice fresh untracked snow. Sweeeet!

Gonna practice carving turns next time out.... waiting patiently for more snow!

:jump:

Welcome. Lots of good info on here, make sure to look around and find some hints and tips to get the most out of your nytro!

Welcome

Glad you jumped on the Nytro bandwagon! I just bought mine last year and rode it once before letting the mods begin. I live down in Seward. Lost lake is right close to town but does not open till Dec. 1st if there is enough snow. I cant wait till Turnagain opens! Have fun with your new Nytro and if you need somebody to ride with hit me up always looking for new riding buddies! Later, Justin

Welcome. Do you have 08/09/'10? Lots of simple things you can do to a Nytro to improve it's performance and handling.

There's a handful of local alaska riders with nytro's on here. A couple very knowledgeable ones have already responded. They are very fun, tough, reliable sleds a few mods will make a big difference as nikolai said. I've got a year on mine and love the 4 stroke.

Thanks for the welcome. When I searched about snow machines, specifically Yamaha, this one really stuck out as informative.

I bought a 2009 Nytro, all stock with low miles. Glad to see some Alaskans too. I have only been here 3 years so I guess I will have to be here 17 more to be an Alaskan, lol!

My prior snow machining is trail riding. I have a few friends that have given me a bit of a rash about the Nytro about it being heavy and getting stuck more. I might be a bit behind the power curve learning boondocking techniques but I will give it my all. I hope I can learn on this machine just as much as others. It sure seems like a hell of a sled once figured out. I love 4 strokes over 2 and this sure seems like a bullet proof engine with good mileage too.

I am game for small adjustments/improvements that you all might have. I might give it a season before doing much. My buddy also has a nytro with a 4 inch riser. I know already know I'll be doing that.

Justin, let me know when you want to go if you need a riding buddy. I'll be doing mostly green runs though for a while! I have pretty much a week on week off.

Mods

One of the best mods if you have access to a challenger track instead of the stock maverick that would be a great start for mods. If you do a longer track go with a skid set back instead of rail extensions to decrease the approach angle which is too steep on these sleds causing them to trench badly! That would be the first mod I would suggest, after that the mods are endless. The more weight you can get off the better!

Turnagain may open this Wednesday depending on if they get some more snow if they do get enough to open over the weekend we may play there for awhile on Sunday!! And you are welcome to meet up with us if you like!!

swelly said:
Welcome aboard. Lots of good folks here and loads of information.

Welcome to the world of turn the key and go.

Swelly, couple days before turkey day, did the golden goose deliver the Mtn Tamer?

Not yet, I believe to Goose is landing tomorrow or
Wed. We had lousy weather today and predicted for tomorrow. Yep 25 Degrees and then it rained, nobody went anywhere unless they had to. Big and Brown did not even deliver today at work.

swelly said:
Not yet, I believe to Goose is landing tomorrow or
Wed. We had lousy weather today and predicted for tomorrow. Yep 25 Degrees and then it rained, nobody went anywhere unless they had to. Big and Brown did not even deliver today at work.

You've gotta be chompin' at the bit for that early Christmas present :Rockon:

Fishing was good this year I hope ;)!

Your wife doesn't read the forums, does she :)

Scott

I am a chomping. We still do not have enough snow yet to ride. And yes I am lucky my wife does not read the forums. Not that she would really care. (pretty lucky there) She likes horses and I like horsepower. I do think horsepower is cheaper in the long run.

Fishing was good this year, got in some great fun. Our Halibut Tournament ran from 5-27 till 7-5. I only fished 2 days of it, but got 2nd place. A tiny little guy at 239lbs.
My customers pocketed 5k from the deal.

The Timbersled is my birthday gift to myself. Have a few other things picked out for Christmas.

Yep I gotz more to order!

Back