• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just wondering: Poo Sleds vs. RX-1's

Can anyone tell me if an 800 Storm or a xc 800 or a 900 Fusion will give me a challenge on the lakes or is this adream of a polaris operator?(HAHA) I've got an 05 my buddy an 04 RX-1

The XCR was quick if set up right same with the Fusion. Depends on the wrench. The Storm was a dud as were most xc800s

Jim

Re: just wondering

RX-1 DAD/SRX SON said:
Can anyone tell me if an 800 Storm or a xc 800 or a 900 Fusion will give me a challenge on the lakes or is this adream of a polaris operator?(HAHA) I've got an 05 my buddy an 04 RX-1

None of those 3 sleds should be a problem. The storm was a big pooch, the xcs ran ok, but not like an RX1, and the Fusion ran so bad the dont make them anymore. Id say the XC would give you the best race

xc 800 sp? if it is the liberty 800 twin with power valves, you better get a little head start ... he won't beat you off the line or in the midrange to much but on top he should run away from a stock RX1

before you race that 800 storm pull around him in the opposite direction put it in reverse and it begins to BEEP look at him and say LETS GO LOL LOL LOL :-o oh by the way does this remind you of any body LITTLE BUDDY

Storms and 800 XCRs were fast sleds when tuned right but I dont see an 800 XC giving you much trouble. 800 XCs were only about 130 hp, so you should be able to take 'em.
As for the Fusion, it depends if its set-up right and well-tuned. Some Fusions are very fast, and others are not. Its not that the Fusion was such a bad sled, its just that they had a lot of issues with vibration. Polaris came out with a new belt (made by the same company that makes the Yamaha 8DN, Mitsuboshi) that fixes the belt-blowing issues but they never found a way to keep them from vibrating so bad. They were working on a new bulkhead that would dampen the vibration, but just before the '07 would have been released, the new bulkhead failed durability testing, so they just decided to put it on hold for now. Rumor has it Polaris is coming out with a new 2-stroke big gun that it putting out at least 160 hp.
Anyways, its going to depend upon setup, rider weight and who can get the best traction off the line.
I love Yamahas as much as anyone on this site, but lets be real, tuning has a lot to do with how a sled runs.

I too have heard that the XC800 wasnt any faster than the XC700.. most mags dynoed them at 128-132HP..

If the 900 could keep the engine and belt together long enough he could give you a run.. but no killing

You didn't mention what year the Storm is.

If it's a 97 Storm (last year of production) and is well tuned, I wouldn't recommend bashing...

My '97 Storm was neck and neck with well tuned XCR800s.

My stock 05 RX-1 couldn't keep up with the Storm, nor the XCRs but was extremely close to the 06 Apex.

The '97 Storm makes 150+ hp stock. The RX-1 makes about 138-140 hp stock. The Storm is also slightly lighter.

From the factory most of the '97 Storms came poorly clutched and all had a short lug track. Adjust the clutching to perform properly and throw a 1.25" track on them and I don't think there are many stock motored RX-1's that can touch them.

The Storm is a tripple cylinder, tripple tuned pipe, tripple carbed 800cc - all stock from the factory.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...

Back