• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

K&N air filters?

nytrortx149

Veteran
Can anybody give me some info on the filters. I know 6 to 7 horse but I'm looking to see if you really notice it. Thanks

6-7 hp is in the mid-range...maybe 1-2 on top end.You would be hard pressed to feel the difference. You would need timing lights or racing against another sled before/after mods to see if it is a measurable gain on snow.
I have em on my nytro..maybe they work; maybe not. They do add a lot of noise tho.

what is the diameter of the throttle bodies ,what size are the k&n's,what did you use for the crankcase breathers ?i am very interested in this mod,had the ecp kit on my rx1 for 3 full winters,sure helped that sled,thanks for the info

Ulmer has em. I needed to use my fuel controller to add fuel to get em to run properly. It was too lean with the stock fuel mapping.

filters

I put the filters on last week and it is definitely louder, seemd to pull harder but can't be sure. Turk did you make any changes to your fuel mapping? Didn't do any WOT runs to see If there was a definite increase, before filters I could hit 163 kms with about 800 km on the odo. I have Ulmers stage 1 kit but haven't installed yet, want to do one thing at a time to realize the gains, need another weekend to verify the filters. Did notice a little pop or hesitation at low speeds a couple of times. The ECP kit really woke up my RX1, I'm hoping this kit does the same to the XTX.

Re: filters

twiz28 said:
I put the filters on last week and it is definitely louder, seemd to pull harder but can't be sure. Turk did you make any changes to your fuel mapping? Didn't do any WOT runs to see If there was a definite increase, before filters I could hit 163 kms with about 800 km on the odo. I have Ulmers stage 1 kit but haven't installed yet, want to do one thing at a time to realize the gains, need another weekend to verify the filters. Did notice a little pop or hesitation at low speeds a couple of times. The ECP kit really woke up my RX1, I'm hoping this kit does the same to the XTX.

Dosen't matter what you do the red ski tips are faster... :tg:

oh jeez i know i shoulda keep the stock pencils with the pretty red tips on my sled instead of aftermarket ski's i am hearing the red tips and skinny skis are adding 5 horse :moon:

Well after a Winter, what does everyone think of these filters? Is it worth the gain? Do you notice a power increase without the fuel controller?

Andy,
I see you are itching to mod the XTX.. I say you have some performance parts by end of summer:) Let us know what works..

Dan, Still in the investigation process. LOL.. Did you buy an XTX yet?

Back