• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

K&N filters

I ran K&Ns with 165 jets and a gutted exhaust and it made the difference between getting beat by 800 twins and beating them. I only ran them for a short while then put on a turbo. As for the 800 twins...haven't seen um since! By the way I have a pair of K&Ns with prefilters for sale if anyone is interested.

yep freddi know

Youve bet. those machines are blocked, shame on yamaha, those filters let those intake take the air freely and fast. I think that is the least expensive investment that anybody can make first.
BUT, some owners find their machine to rich, and i find mind a little to lean for very cold run, with those big jets (165) i think that fred have done a good job (to bad for K&N not fast enouph) they are big jets and for snow you have snow protectors. So for me, its only kepping an eyes on it, because any machines in realy deep stuff will run arch if they are not maintain every day. The perfection is not in that world :twisted:

I just got back from using them with the 165 main jets and yellow CV spring. I think it is a definite plus for this machine. More responsive and pulled like a banchee woman. I only got to do a couple runs up a 200yard hill with about a foot of pow and 1-2 foot base. Did very well. I also liked the sound difference. I have stock exhaust and noticed a different more throaty sound. I will be gutting exhaust soon which should help evern more. I would say go for it. I bought the K&N's from Freddie (suppertuner). They are made for the RX-1. I would say these are the best bang for the buck.

J

K&N filters / pre filters/ silver springs / 160 jets / white knuckle exhaust/
ran great , plugs were a light tan after 60 miles of trail and some boondocking with a couple of small hill climbs. Came off a dead stop with lots of power, pulled really hard from 6000 to 8500 rpm and never had any problems slowing or accellerating while playing. Sound of machine had everybody talking as we pulled up to differnt groups.

i have searched but not been able to find a part number for these k&n filters.i would love to order from ecp but 180 us before cdn exchange then getting dinged by the tax man at the border it will end up costing to much plus i have a super discount at the local parts store. have i missed something and there is something custom here that they only offer???

The filters, little crank case filter and 4-165 jets only put me back around $144.00 US. Not $180.00. There should be some way you could get them up in Canada w/o too much tax man trouble.

I think the part no. for k&n's are found in the yamaha acc. for raptors and what I remember they were about 70 u.s. each without springs jets and crank filter. I bought the ecp's they are less money anyway.

Back