• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim made in China?

Made in China does not hold up for klim been switching over to Tobe Outerwear its made in Sweden and much better than klim ever was

Yes. They bought Klim in 2012. Often thats what happens. A small company that makes a quality product gets bought by a bottom line company , publicly traded on the stock exchange and they wring every bit of profit out of the product until its no better than the others and it sells based on the name alone. it works for them until consumers figure it out. Seems like that where we are with Polaris and Klim.

My 8-9 year old Yamaha Klim Jacket and pants are made in China. Still holding up great. Allot of high end stuff is from China and no one realized it before. All our expensive cell phones are made there too.

My 8-9 year old Yamaha Klim Jacket and pants are made in China. Still holding up great. Allot of high end stuff is from China and no one realized it before. All our expensive cell phones are made there too.
Glad your Klim stuff is holding up well, so is mine.
I would think they don't have a choice on the quality of the phones they make.....hundreds of millions if not a billion phones better work! Don't agree there is a lot of "high end" stuff made there either.

Gotta love it...
Just bought a Carhartt Arctic wear jacket.
Got home and looked at it closer then trying it on and sure enough the tag said Made In Mexico!!! WTF???

Gotta love it...
Just bought a Carhartt Arctic wear jacket.
Got home and looked at it closer then trying it on and sure enough the tag said Made In Mexico!!! WTF???
Yep... You can go back to our wonderful president Clinton for drawing up and singing the NAFTA agreement, Gave every corporation a green light to head over seas and produce sh(%#+T with no regulations … still buying it today! all they've done is turn china into a environmental wasteland and made trillions Corporate America sold us for a buck. And our current president Trump gets a bad rap for trying bring industry and jobs back here .They say our stuff would cost more if made here bullsh(&%^T. Why is a winter Carhart jacket still expensive? Cheaper quality to you the consumer and huge profits for the fat at the top.

And all the current president did with all his trade tarrifs is cost the US consumers billions in extra pricing on those items! The China deal is just about where it was 5 years ago, just a shell game.

My dealer had a shipment of Klim come in, and I saw the "made in China" printing all over the boxes. I was pretty upset because I was a big "fan" of Klim gear. I am not a Trump cheerleader, but I do appreciate his efforts to stop the exodus of American manufacturing to China. As Americans, we want it all; we want good quality, but we want it cheap. Unfortunately, many Americans don't seem to care that the cheaper prices come at the cost of American jobs.

I guess it is "ironic" that I love Yamaha products considering that I generally try to "buy American". In that respect, the Yamaha/Arctic Cat partnership soothed my conscience a little bit. I am riding a Yamaha, but it is made in America!
Final assembly is in America, and 'some' of the parts.
All large companies source parts from all around the planet. Caterpillar, Deere, all the truck and car makers Tesla included. If you look closely at some of the plastic parts on our beloved Canadian-made Skidoos you will see 'made in China' stamped in them.

Mostly everything is either sourced or manufactured over seas, big companies here in Canada and USA just don't want to pay the wages or the hassle to meet N/A industry regulations standards, over seas especially in China have none or very little, lots of parts are made in China that are on our sleds today, clothing is no different, the quality just doesn't seem to be as good but you will pay like it is.

Has anybody else noticed a change in Klim sizing? I have worn a 2X in Klim bibs and jacket forever, maybe a little big on me, but left room for additional layers. I have gained some weight over the years, but my two year old Klim 2X bibs still fit me fine. I went to try on the new updated Klim bibs and the 2x weren't even close. I would figure it was just me, but my riding buddy put on a few extra pounds over the summer so his old medium Klim bibs were tight. He tried on new Klim bibs in large, and they were tighter than his old Klim medium bibs. He ended up wearing XL! Is it just us, or has Klim changed its sizing and "cheapened up?"

Back