• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Late Intro Yammy Sno-Cross Sled

Yes it look's like a tripple but notice the three plug's. It look's to me like wire's going to injector's and a fuel rail in front of them. Also look's like a high out put ignition system. I guess they already have a 120 fuel injected motor ready to go in to the Vector. kviper

Yes the plugs that are visable are injector plugs. The coil plugs are barely visible on top of the valve cover.

But that is not Yamaha stuff, those are Motec components strapped behind the injectors. USA made aftermarket EFI stuff :Rockon:

Those pictures have been around a while. If I recall that was a sled that was run in some sort of cross country event this past winter. It isnt a Yamaha snocross proto. Although I dont dispute the rumors of Yamaha wanting to get back into snow cross I think it'll be a better effort than that sled. Do you really think that sled would compete with what the competition brings to these big air events? Emphasis on BIG air.

You guys see that yellow box zip tied under the hood? Thats an aftermarket programable EFI or ignition system..or both. Cool. ===SRXSRULE===

Is it true Polaris is in 06 comming out with a 755cc 4 stroke twin with a turbo at 135hp?

Rage2005Yamaha said:
Is it true Polaris is in 06 comming out with a 755cc 4 stroke twin with a turbo at 135hp?

Yes its true, and it has alot of turbo lag and tips that scales at 600 lbs and its only a 121. ===SRXSRULE===

That sled pictured is the Japan sno-cross entry as a yamaha factory team. Finished as high a second in a few races. 140 to 150 hp, I think. I had the link up on here a month ago or so. Anybody know where that pic was taken? Is the sled here in N. America?

I wonder what all the japenese writting is on the back near the tail pipe?

I want that sticker in yellow for the Nytro!

:Rockon:

I doubt this rumor since the WSA racing is going to a 600cc stock and mod class. No 440 cc or 800 cc. I was at the Yamaha snow show in Syracuse lastnight and the district rep told me there will be POSSIBLY some non-factory racers racing a NYTRO in the 600 cc MOD class. Evidently the ISR is making it difficult for Yamaha to race in both classes on the WSA circut again. By the way these racers will be racing in the WSA RockMaple racing circut. Who know if this will happen.

Matt
;)!

That sled/those pictures have been on the Yamaha JPN website for some time. Unfortunately, in my almost 20 yrs. with Honda, I never learned to read Japanese. There's enough english text on their site to determine that it is a modified Vector. The pictures on their JPN site are not as good or detailed as what Allen posted.

Back