• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lesson Learned..Stick to brand loyalty.....

RSVECTORFREAK

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 RS Vector ER
Well I bought a new 05 Vector this year, bought all team yamaha FXR riding gear. Pants, jacket, gloves, etc. Made one crucial mistake. Everyone told me how the Bombadier Modulars were the top of the line helmets, so I bought a blue one for around $300. Well needless to say that I am entirely pleased with all the gear except the helmet. It doesn't matter if you have the inner mask on or off, this helmet fogs all the time. Try flipping down the inner dark shield for day riding and it's even worse. I should have stuck to a product with a yammie badge on it. Maybe if I add a Yamaha sticker to it and rip off the bombadier emblems it may quit fogging. Lesson learned!!

I know a couple of guys that wear them and they dont have that problem. Are you sure a vent is not plugged?

I looked at both vents in the front and the back of the helmet and even tried playing with the mask where it connects to the helmet. Can't find anything unusual about them. I was going to try and run water through them next to see if it comes out. Kinda disapointed becasue it looks really good in Yammie Blue just functions horribly.

No offence here, and I don't know how else to ask this but..............do you have a big head/fat face?

I know that sounds horrible, but I have a buddy who's, lets say "on the large side", and he has problems with the mask not sealing around his face/mouth area. Some of his breath leaks out and fogs his shield. He said they fit much better for guys who have smaller faces.

Just throwing out ideas..........

well i think you hit on it TFIN...no offence taken , i thought that the mask didn't fit like it should either.. I am a large guy and I think you are right , this helmet was made for small faces.

You know i didn't even think of that becasue the guy that sold it to me at the Doo dealer said he uses one and loves it and he looked like Fred Flintstone.

I have the BV2 and love it ..never fogs I always open it when stopped on warmer days tho or it will then and if your riding with it open dont let snow blow inside it or it will, but any helmet will then. Even if that happens I set it over my engine and thaw it and its fine..sometimes I open it just a crack when its warmer out too or going slow. I am very happy with mine love the vision! (very wide) love how the front flips down too! I had hjc with electric before the BV2 and I prefer the BV2 now. ;)!

also found that you cant wear Baclava over your mouth or (between mouth and mouth piece)because the moister from your mouth spreads or leaks outward thru the baclava and then fogs. And yes make sure the mouth piece fits well around and fairly tight to your nose and face.

RSVECTORFREAK said:
well i think you hit on it TFIN...no offence taken , i thought that the mask didn't fit like it should either.. I am a large guy and I think you are right , this helmet was made for small faces.

My buddy I spoke of said he's getting the BV2S because it fits and seals much better around his face. They're kind of pricy though, but if you sold your present one, it shouldn't be to much more.

They sure don't give them away do they. :?

Well rage2005yamaha thats something to try becasue I do wear a balaclava and it is usally soaked after riding hard. I'll try it without one and see if that makes a difference becasue I ditch it.

I use the Snowforce Modular(The Yamaha Helmet).......absolutly love it! Works perfect.......I am about 5'11, use to be about 245lbs or so....worked awsome.......now i'm 200lbs...works awsome.....TRY THIS HELMET...you will not be dissapointed!

RSVECTORFREAK said:

Its the size, i have a large head, and the helmet fogged all of the time. I even went thru two heated shields and still fogged. I went with the HJC cl-14. Fits great and has not fogged yet this season.

Yep .... The Doo Helmet won't fog unless there's a blockage , or ... you got a fat head . I ride with a buddy , and he's put some lbs. on now his is foggin up on him some .... AND I'm not talkin about Cubby !?!?!?!?!?

I ride with a couple of buddies who have mod's and have no problem. I purchased new this year a blue mod also and I'm a big guy and have had some of the same issues. Does help not wearing bacalva- however can get a little cold then. I know I removed the inner cotton liner and it seemed to help but you have to empty and wash out the breather more often.

Back