• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

let's see your Phazers

Yeah of you take the time to sand it make all the plastic smooth and use a good primer that holds to plastic it will not flake or chip. Mine did after 2 years of riding after I scraped big #*$&@ tree stump. But that is it.

lot of the guys that paint their quad plastics chip off bad, that seems to be a common thing to do around here. I want a different color but dont want to buy all new plastic which would be expensive.

clean, scuff, clean, clean again.. wear rubber gloves at all times..dont touch the plastic with bare fingers.. use an adhesion promoter, and paint with a flex additive in it.

I have ridden with Rigidone, his all black is nice- :Rockon:
Hopefully we can get more miles on this year........

mexicoride008.jpg

You can in fact paint the side panels and it will stay.
I took the front nose section of my phazer and brought it to a NAPA store so they could paint match it, then I basically got their equivilant of Krylon Fusion which bonds very well to plastics.
The reds dont match up perfectly since the nose piece was molded red not painted red.

I went over the side panels 3 times with krylon clear coat to help it stay good in the sun and give it that wet look. If there is a will there is a way.

yam177 said:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=378458178881345&set=a.200921289968369.49223.200919939968504&type=3&theater

My Phazer sitting in the middle

No I have not had the paint come off seems to hold up pretty well even under racing conditions

Not sure if I posted this one, but after my daughter opened up her new helmet, she had to go for a ride with the phazer and her new plastics! I and the wife custom painted the windshield and nose shroud once she picked out a sled jacket this fall.

She loves riding! And I love taking her!

423197_10151181919580009_315479010_n.jpg

Back