• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

List of updates to 03 Rx-1

01srx+03rx1

Anyone got the comprehensive list of updates that Yamaha has for the 03 model? I've gotten wind of a seat and hood update but cannot confirm.

Yamaha site claims something like 100 changes. The seat is new for 04 as is sway bar front shock springs. Clutching is more aggressive too. Hand warmer reset and on and on. Check Yamaha site.

Muskrat

hes asking for updates that yamaha will do the 03 not what they did to change in the 04

same with me i would like to know what yamaha is going to update for us on the 03 ..

i also no of the hood, and seat and rivets..

also what elss is there to do ?

There was the float bowls, but I don't know if that was for mt. sleds only or not. I would think all of them.

there was also some tracks got replaced loosing clips and tearing lugs, and the heat shield , I had my gauge replaced due to moisture in it and my hood has been done, My dealer is waiting for the seat fix from yamaha so I should hear soon since we all know about it.

my dealer knew about -

+ hood rubbing
+ heat shield
+ seat rivets
+ tunnel reinforcement (mtn only)

they did not know about -

- float bowls (mtn only)
- ignition wire grounding

SrXxTrEeM said:
never hurd of that one
It happened to me twice, the low oil light comes on because the crankcase breather freezes and builds pressure inside the engine and pops the cam end plug out. Therefore leaking engine oil out of the head. Last years fix was to cut a slit in the breather hose. This years crankcase hose is supposed to be modified preventing this problem :!:

Hey RX1guy...I remember this occuring with only a handful of people last year and I rode in -38C temperatures for a day and did not see this happen. I was woried about it and still am.

RX-1guy, do you know where to cut the hose? I am also concerned of this problem. Is there a better hose to buy? Or will Yamaha look after this?

Back