• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 RX-1 updates/recalls

LazyBastard said:
No recalls. Several updates for improved durability/performance. The control rod upper loops were weak - updated for 04 - thicker and stronger. Hood bumpers to keep the hood from rubbing on bolt heads. Rivet update to keep rivet head from rubbing on seat. Swaybar links - longer for flatter cornering, but its better to replace bar and links to 04+ and even better to replace bar with 13mm aftermarket bar. The other most note worthy update, which everybody did aftermarket was FRONT SPRINGS - 03 had progressive springs. Get #140 straight-rate springs.

Control Rod upper loops? Please expand

LazyBastard said:
Thats really not accurate. "100 improvements" included things like HOOD STICKERS and moving that rivet down 2mm.

Whether that statement is "Accurate" or "Inaccurate", it was a sales pitch nonetheless.

The whole sled ('03 & '04) should have been a recall. Some guys paid for them twice to straighten them out. :o|

Lets not forget about that freekin rear suspension that got upgraded in 05. It dont matter though, W arms still break like tooth-pics!

1. My 03 does not burn a drop of oil!

2. Yes, there are a lot of mods you can do to make it better, but they are not necessary to have a good sled that will last many years.

Indy is right. You can do allot of mods to the RX-1 to make it better but you can do that to any sled. I did the rivets to the seat and the rubber bumpers to the hood. I did make adjustments to stock suspension and put Woody dooly 6" on the ski's. Does not rail like the Apex but it is still a very nice responsive fast sled. If I had the coin I would be riding an Apex but until then the RX-1 is great without having to invest allot of money.

03griz said:
LazyBastard said:
No recalls. Several updates for improved durability/performance. The control rod upper loops were weak - updated for 04 - thicker and stronger. Hood bumpers to keep the hood from rubbing on bolt heads. Rivet update to keep rivet head from rubbing on seat. Swaybar links - longer for flatter cornering, but its better to replace bar and links to 04+ and even better to replace bar with 13mm aftermarket bar. The other most note worthy update, which everybody did aftermarket was FRONT SPRINGS - 03 had progressive springs. Get #140 straight-rate springs.

Control Rod upper loops? Please expand
I did expand. THICKER AND STRONGER.

Back