• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

little leak???

Mooserut

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
yamaha vkpro 2006, skandik wt 1998 500f
Did anyone of you ever experienced a little leak of coolant liquid on top of the carburator just under the coolant valve???

Yep, I had one on my 06 pro, not a lot but never the less a leak. I took off the stainless top plate that has the two screws and pulled out the valve and cleaned up the o ring, inspected it and reinstalled with a little petroleum jelly, no more leak 15,000 kms later. has to be done cold of course! best of luck!

thanks ....doesn't look to hard to do!!!!!!

Yep, I had one on my 06 pro, not a lot but never the less a leak. I took off the stainless top plate that has the two screws and pulled out the valve and cleaned up the o ring, inspected it and reinstalled with a little petroleum jelly, no more leak 15,000 kms later. has to be done cold of course! best of luck!
great fix. mine just had a major leak. valve was very hard to turn. I think o ring was out of place. popped it apart, new o ring and lube. all good now... thanks for the fix

Back