• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lodging in the western u.p.

700SCOTT

Expert
trying to find someplace descent to rest our heads hopefully between Sidnaw and Bruce Crossing for our backpack trip late next month. any help or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. thanks in andvance, scott

Not much in that area that I can think of. If you were riding west, I would just continue riding to Lake Gogebic and stay there.

I am the planner for our backpack trips and happy to help if you have further questions. I have full itineraries for riding across the UP and back, with daily mileage logs, places to stay, where to eat, etc. The files are too big for this site so drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you are interested. Here is a link to last years trip. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=68689

Yeah from Bruce crossing its just a jump over to the Walleye lodge its cheap and close to the Hoop & Hollar for late night snack.

i also cant think of any place in that area your asking about but,
there's plenty of places on the lake to stay at, only have to add an extra few miles to the trip.

subaru2006

No idea which way you are going but nothing in Sidnaw. Lots in Bergland, Mass City, Rockland, Greenland, Twin Lakes, South Range & Watersmeet. All connected by RRB or FR so you can fly on those trails in very short time.

The resturant right on the corner in Bruce Crossing DOES have a motel also. I dont know what its like, but just wanted to let you know it is there.

The resterraunt in BC has kick #*$&@ food 2. The cassino in Watersmeet is nice, and porcupine Lodge in White pine is also nice.

I've stayed at that motel twice. 1st time had an upstairs room that was nice. Second time had a first level room that had very noisy electric heaters. Both times the hot tub was closed, but they would fire up the sauna if you asked. It is a convenient location, the food is good and the price isn't bad.

jat59 said:
The resturant right on the corner in Bruce Crossing DOES have a motel also. I dont know what its like, but just wanted to let you know it is there.

Yep, its right across from the BP gas station, that is right on the trail! The back of the station is anyway! Trail runs behind the station! 27 miles from Sidnaw. Tulppo's is the motel. Real good food & has a bar too! Corner of M28 & 45.

:drink:

BR

Back