• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for a honest opinion

imprezed

for the last two seasons I rode a sx600r till this year when I switch to a rev800, bigest mistake I have ever made. Never again will I be on a donkey I have got maybe 50 miles on it and has broke more times than I care to admit or have time to list. That beening said I'm in the market for a new sled. I'm sure most of you guys came from riding two stokes and I was looking honest opinion on hole shot , top end and out of corner speed on the smaller 4 stokes also I'm 250lb+ rider how does the phazer hold up to a guy my size

coming off a zr600 and a vmax 600 this sled fing rocks. i am running 200+ and it handles me just fine. out of the hole its scary quick but it wont have the top end youre looking at with a 2 stroke but i realy dont miss it at all. the nibleness and handling more then make up for the lack of top end.

the phazer is truly a fun sled to ride,and reliable too,like soul hammer said,it takes off like a bullet but tapers down faster then a 600 2 smoke,not a top end machine,but you can cruise at 60 mph all day,it is great on gas,the gt model is a warm sled despite its looks,and the ride is comfortable,now theres a cpl issues to watch for,ice build up is a pain,i covered both holes and all is fine now,there are at least 4 updates on this sled so if you do purchase one make sure they were performed,2 rivets that hold the screen in the air box,those need to be siliconed in place,a few on here have had engine damage cuz of that small rivet rattling loose and getting eaten up by the motor,i siliconed mine when i heard about it a cpl years ago and never came loose,im at 7000 miles without 1 hick up on that sled

Well, I am 250 and own three diff 4strokes...

07 phazer fx, 07 attak, and 09 nytro xtx.

They are all three great sleds, but all different. If you ride the tight and twisties all the time, the phazer is hard to beat. For groomed trail riding, the attak is absolutely to die for. Then there is the xtx, this thing does it all pretty well, takes some time getting used to, but this is a great sled.

if you want more info on the three, pm me with some questions, maybe we can talk on phone....

FYI, you need to add your location to your profile.

Thanks every one for your input. I'm thinking of trying to get the soo for the I-500 to test ride the sleds but having the input of riders with a couple of mile on these sled really helps. Anyone else that can give a reveiw the more info the better

I had a 700 xcr for 8 years and just got the phazer fx. I put 500km on it last weekend. I couldn't believe how good my back felt at the end of the weekend. Its great in tight to some-what tight trails. But its not a great sled for rail line or wide fast trails. It feels like you are working it too hard if you are trying to cruise at 110km/h to 120km/hr (max). It doesn't have that effortless feeling of fast cruising the big bore sleds have. I don't like the 4-stroke engine braking. Love the fuel mileage. Suspension and handling are great. I love the way you can through it around on the trails, its light and small. Very good floatation in deep snow. Don't like the fact it doesn't have a pull cord and don't like the fact the fuel pump relay froze at -20C. I am not missing the xcr at all, but I hope I can work out the electrical issue.

i went from a yamaha SX viper 700 to a 09 Phazer RTX. i do miss the top speed but the phazer takes every hit and after a day of riding im not sore at all unlike the viper i had to push around.

im 6'1'' 140 pounds soaking wet and this sled is great for me. on the long streaches of the tail i tend to lag buck but as so as we get to a windy twisty part im right on there tail. overall the sled is great and my only complaint is the skis slide in the corners "stock skis w/ woodys 6'' carbides" and feels tippy on side hilling but you'll get that with all the suspention u get on this sled. Hope this helps

If u ride saturday morning smooth trails at 50 to 60 mph u will still be riding the same speeds on sunday afternoons wooped out studder bumped trails. I came off an xc700 and I wouldn't go back. It's not as fast but alot more fun.

if you want an honest opinion, they wont hold up, if your an aggresive rider, well thats what the dealer told me, hes pushing polaris or skidoo, and he sells yamaha and has fixed everything on mine,

if you like sloppy steering, waiting on parts, and hearing thats the first time we heard this, then the phazer is what you want. i love the sled , but it wont hold up if you ride it hard plain and simple.

i figured the suspension would be the first thing to go, but even being a gt it has held up fine, it bottoms frequently but id rather ride in powder, or groomed trails now that im older.

i figured id get some nice shocks for it but i would never put 1500 in a sled that youd be lucky to get 3500 for selling it thats insane as youll need that money to replace starters and ball joints in the future, im so glad i extended the warranty, yamaha didnt make a dime on my sled lol

i took out my chain case, small crack which took out the upper chain, lack of oil, im not fixin it, it wouldnt be worth it, you can put as many band aids as you want and itll still be junk when your done.

if your just goin to cruise it then youd be ok but if you ride hard prepare to get to know your dealer as youll be there every monday morning dropping it off.

id like to thank yamaha for having jimmy blaze hype up this sled, cause if his hasnt broken he rides like a pansy lol

I bougt an 07 FX with 3500km on it last week. So far they have replaced the battery, starter, ECM, ball joints, belt, clutch weights, rear shock mount, and headlight cowl. I broke the windshield off because I had to roll it over to right it (too heavy to flip the other way) and I lost all the oil out of the breather tube and had to be towed from the bowels of the Lewis hills (not fun). Now it has to go if for some more "updates" and get the 10w30 changed out that some old dude gave me on the trail to get me going again. Its a fun sled, has gobs of power and goes like the devil but I have less problems with my 1990 377 Safari.

In 2007 I tried a Phazer GT, then bought an 08 RTX. The GT is geared for higher top-end, so it doesn't pull out of the corner as well as the RTX. I came from an 00 sxr 600 and the RTX still pulls great, but I can't get much over 85.

Ruckus said:
Add needle bearings for the steering column and a decompression spring to the list.

wow you bought a beat the hell up sled. my zr 600 was the same way but that was one example not all of them.

I dont know how some of you guys get your sleds to break all the time. I ride mine hard but I dont beat the piss out of it. If you abuse something hard enough its going to break. I don't understand why people on this site sit and rip Yamaha. If there is something better out there go buy that sled. Anyways, I have almost 2000 miles on my phazer and its awesome. You aren't going to beat your buddys across the lake, but you sure have a lot of fun on it when you aren't in a drag race. Dollar for dollar I don't think you will find a nicer, more reliable sled.

Back