• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for a PN 5LW-81940-02-00 Starter Relay

brada

Veteran
As the title states, I am looking for a PN 5LW-81940-02-00 starter relay for my 07 Attak. I haven't found a dealer that has one in stock and Yamaha has them backordered. I have a trip planned for this weekend and need one if you or someone you know may have one in stock please let me know! Thanks! Brad

Also noticed there is a used one on Ebay! May get you back on the trail if you can't locate a new one.

Neither Port or Yamaha Sportsplaza have them in stock. Might have to check out ebay. Thanks for the replies! Brad

wcfpusher said:
not sure if the 2007 apex relay is the same but i got mine at napa..part # ar614. hope this helps

Are you sure that is for the starter relay and not the fuel pump relay? The description of it does not seem like a starter relay.

ar614 is a fuel pump relay, not the starter relay.

Starter Relay Looks Like This:

!B4QW03QEGk~$(KGrHqQOKigEyWsHy9nzBMpL6eWi+g~~_3.JPG

Fuel Pump Relay ECH-ar614 looks like this:
97787.jpg

Does anyone have the Napa # for the starter relay ? Around what mileage do they go bad ? Might be worth adding one to the spares kit.

I just installed my new one last night,the old one was green from corrosion and there was water on the inside when I broke it open,that would freeze and not let the plunger move up when energized,now how did the water get in?HMMMMMM.

sxr1000 said:
I just installed my new one last night,the old one was green from corrosion and there was water on the inside when I broke it open,that would freeze and not let the plunger move up when energized,now how did the water get in?HMMMMMM.

I figure thats whats going on with mine too. I have a bit of green corrosion around the contacts, but not too bad. I figure there's got to be moisture inside causing the problem.

I found one at Pat's Auto & Sports in Greenland, MI. They are shipping it to me today. Hopefully have this problem fixed by the weekend!

As the title states, I am looking for a PN 5LW-81940-02-00 starter relay for my 07 Attak. I haven't found a dealer that has one in stock and Yamaha has them backordered. I have a trip planned for this weekend and need one if you or someone you know may have one in stock please let me know! Thanks! Brad
Not sure if this helps as this is a late post. But I did some research and looked at some pictures. I ended up ordering a 5JW819400200, and its the same part minus the orientation of the rubber boot that holds it on the prongs next to the air box. I like to save money and only paid $14 which is mucho cheaper than the 5LW part. Again it probably don't help you now but any one else looking in the future it may help.

Not sure if this helps as this is a late post. But I did some research and looked at some pictures. I ended up ordering a 5JW819400200, and its the same part minus the orientation of the rubber boot that holds it on the prongs next to the air box. I like to save money and only paid $14 which is mucho cheaper than the 5LW part. Again it probably don't help you now but any one else looking in the future it may help.
LMAO.....
Umm ya your 10 years and 6 days too late for him. That was posted
1/24/2011. Hahaha

Back