• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

looking for info on apex ported head and camshaft

lowboy

Veteran
looking for real world info h/p torque how they run in the field out on the lakes
thank you in advance

i don't think anyone has any real world info on this. i have been asking and no one can give me results.

lowboy said:
looking for real world info h/p torque how they run in the field out on the lakes
thank you in advance
Dynoray lists kits for the rx1 and apex,all he does is the intake camshaft,plus porting,and either boondockers box,and claims 180hp-190hp depending on model,if you look at ulmer racing he lists the kits.

yah but doesn't seem like anyone is running this kit so how good can it be. if anyone is running this kit but just doesn't want to post please pm me.

cubby has this work done by ECP I havent seen him around but he is somewhere and will be soon.I remeber he said it Rocked and i am sure ECP has done there home work,As i am sure dynoray has.U may want to pm either 1 of them and Simmons comes to mind on performance but maybe only tubos

power valve said:
yah but doesn't seem like anyone is running this kit so how good can it be. if anyone is running this kit but just doesn't want to post please pm me.

Cubby is the only one i know if that has his kit... The reason: because it is very expensive (i believe $3500)

Rays kit comes out to about 2600 with the Power Commander and will make about 185 hp. This is if you pull the head and install the new cams.

I know dyno ray has a good working rx1 that he races around Nova scotia, and places in the 800 and 1000 imp classes. But I also have not heard of anyone that has an apex done up. The apex must not gain as much as an rx1 does with these changes.

I think his RX-1 kit with bigger carbs runs about 190hp. Initaily the Apex with only cams, porting the head and throttle bodies and a fuel controller the apex was about 175 hp. I guess the key to more power is in the timing which can be done with the new power commander which should bring it to about 185.

Back