• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for some insight

Bristowfxnytro

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nytro rtx
Hey everyone, currently riding an 08 nytro rtx non reverse, and looking to upgrade to an sr viper. I was told 15/16 years had bad chaincase issues? Wondering which years had the most problems and if anything was updated/fixed with a newer year. Will be keeping the nytro as a backup/spare sled. Hoping the viper doesn’t dart like my nytro does.

The chain cases are the same from 14 up. 16’s and up with the updated engines can not be turbocharged unless you update the rods. If your not gonna turbo it’s not an issue.

The chain cases are the same from 14 up. 16’s and up with the updated engines can not be turbocharged unless you update the rods. If your not gonna turbo it’s not an issue.

Okay cool thanks, I live in Ontario and while turboing might be fun, it’s not practical here haha.

I had a 14 with around 7,000 miles on it when I traded it in. Changed oil every year and adjusted chain every year and had zero issues with the chain case.

I live in ontario as well just picked up a 2017 srviper with 4000 kms for 9 thousand if your looking in that range you should find some well taken care of sleds. I was looking to spend 7 thousand but the sleds available were higher kms and beaten up a lot more. I suggest spend the extra and get as new an low kms as you can and watch out for turbo sleds that have been removed before sale. Lots of used turbos on kijiji for sale im assuming they get ripped out and sold separately for extra cash. Many things to look for but check everything you can with ripping into sled too much and also check out the forums here they may scare you a bit but most common issues are on this forum and are talked about in detail. These yamacats require a lot more attention than your pure yamaha.

Back