• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for the best Left hand throttle

Perfect fit right over the grip, no cutting or relocating anything.

Goldfinger here

I just installed my Goldfinger from FTI. The install took me about 2 hours 45 mins on my apex. The hardest part was cutting the plastic away from the right hand side of the left hand control holder. (the hand warmer adjuster and high/low beam button)...The biggest problem I had was I had to move the control pod so far to the right it interfeared with the mountain strap's welded brackets. Once i cut enough (about .25inches) of plastic away, it fit right on. I also had to grind down the top clamp and the hole around the break lever piston to make the mount fit properly. Once it was finally installed it looks to work perfectly... but the proof will be on Saturday. :D

GOLDFINGER WORKED SWEEEEET

Goldfinger worked sweet today. Snow was packed, but could go anywhere, sidehill any hill and with a left hand throttle, I don't know how I ever straddled my apex without one...IT's the absolute cat's meow to have one on there now. It's well worth the 110.00 delivered for one...MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 5/8 inch bracket, the regular inch bracket is not the correct bracket, and WILL NOT FIT...Full Throttle INC made about 20 of the wrong lables for the APEX/RX1's.....I found out the hard way that you have to have the 5/8 inch bracket and do the plastic modifications to get one to work...but it's well worth it now.... ALSO, i mounted mine on the handel bar itself...I did not go over the grip.

Can you guys post some pics of your various left hand throttle setups? I think a left hand throttle would be handy in hard packed side-hilling where you can't always get good leaverage on pulling the machine to ya.

:rocks

TurboTime said:
Can you guys post some pics of your various left hand throttle setups? I think a left hand throttle would be handy in hard packed side-hilling where you can't always get good leaverage on pulling the machine to ya.

:rocks

Here's another thread that has pics of mine on my RX-1mtn www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=24383 ... ght=leftys. It should be the same as the controls on the APEX though.

Jim

I just put a FTI Goldfinger (fullthrottleinc.com) on my Apex. No problems installing and it works great.

You just have to take off a little piece of plastic on the right side of the brake lever housing so it will push over to the edge of the mountain bar.

The 5/8 bracket fits into the space on the handlebar with no grinding. It comes with a removable pin so it can be locked when not used. :yam:

alaskanbowtie said:
apexnubhind said:
Perfect fit right over the grip, no cutting or relocating anything.
>>>>
can you give a link for the snobunji left hand throttle and maybe post a pic of it on your sled ?

Snobunje.com that is where I bought it, and it shows a pic, and also how to install it.

It is a great lh throttle, you wont be disapointed.

Snobunji throttle

it looks nice but my only concern is the mount is over top the grip and on a hard landing could really hurt the inside of your hand if you were holding right next to the mount, possibly breaking your thumb. How does the gold finger mount ? On the grip or beside the grip to give you a bit more room to move before smashing the mount with the inside of your hand ? Your thoughts appreciated, experiences........

I originaly had Powermadd, the reason was because it looked stock. 1 time the throttle stuck open, the spring was lodged in the slide mechanizim. I bought Snobunje, I like it much better.

rx1mtn said:
I originaly had Powermadd, the reason was because it looked stock. 1 time the throttle stuck open, the spring was lodged in the slide mechanizim. I bought Snobunje, I like it much better.
>>>
THX guys for the input, how do you compare the snobunji to the gold finger....I'l try to google it up and see what they look like .

alaskanbowtie said:
rx1mtn said:
>>>
THX guys for the input, how do you compare the snobunji to the gold finger....I'l try to google it up and see what they look like .

They are both similar in design with the big exception being in the safety over ride. Goldfinger uses a pin to lock the left hand throttle while the Snobunje has a spring loaded slide you just slide back and pop the cable out on the right hand side. I put the Snobunje Throttle Logic system on the wife's RMK 900 because she has smaller hands which benefitted from the throttle flare (included) linked here www.throttleflare.com .

Jim

Back