• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for what primary spring to us with turbo

cmd951

Veteran
I have a yamaha nitro with a MCX rear mount kit. I'm looking for some advice on where to find a heavier primary spring. It has supertip weights at about 70grams with a yamaha green-white-green primary spring (45 preload). The sled starts moving at around 2500rpm, which makes the turbo lag a little noticeable. I would like to get the engagement up around 3500 to help the turbo spoil up faster without as much load on the engine, thus eliminate some of the turbo lag. Where can I find a heavier preload primary spring and what preload do I need if I'm at 45 now? I'm in Canada so if anybody has one or knows where I can buy one in Canada it would be greatly appreciated.

Get a heelclicker black primary spring. I think that will get you close but you will need to add some weight. i am on the road on a biz trip & don,t have access to my notes.

cmd951 said:
I have a yamaha nitro with a MCX rear mount kit. I'm looking for some advice on where to find a heavier primary spring. It has supertip weights at about 70grams with a yamaha green-white-green primary spring (45 preload). The sled starts moving at around 2500rpm, which makes the turbo lag a little noticeable. I would like to get the engagement up around 3500 to help the turbo spoil up faster without as much load on the engine, thus eliminate some of the turbo lag. Where can I find a heavier preload primary spring and what preload do I need if I'm at 45 now? I'm in Canada so if anybody has one or knows where I can buy one in Canada it would be greatly appreciated.

You can get yourself a Dalton Green primary spring to get your engagement rpm's up a bit.

What preload does the Dalton Green spring or Heelclicker Black spring have. If they are around 45 am I going to gain enough RPM or am I missing something else to consider to get the RPM engaggement up to 3500?

If I remember right my dalton green came in around 4000 or 4500 with around 70g of weight. If the green is to much then the Orange will work out for you as well.

Pre Load (kg) @ 2.888" Total Force (kg) @ 1.593"

Dalton RED
DPPS-R

Dalton ORANGE
DPPS - O

Dalton Black/Silver

DPPS-B/S

Dalton Black/Red
DPPS-B/R

Dalton Black /Blue
DPPS-B/BL

Dalton Black/Green