• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking into buying to a Phazer

Hi everyone:

I spend most of my time in the Nytro Forum because I have a 2009 XTX. My girlfrind and I want to get a phazer for her sometime in the near future. We have been doubling on my nytro for 2 seasons now and we both want our own machines.

I know it is better to buy newer models because they make changes / updates almost every year. I am looking seriously at 2 2009 RTX phazers right now and possibly one 2007 Phazer FX. I am considering the 2007 because it is quite a bit cheaper to buy.

Is there any reason I should steer clear of the 2007? Have there been any major updates like steering geometry that have been made between 2007 and 2009 (I'm thinking about the front end update the nytro received between 2008 and 2009)?

Do phazers have the same handlebar warmer issues that the Nytro has (don't get very hot)? (e.g. would I need yamaheater to solve the issue for good?).

I am no stranger to updating my nytro to solve issues so just a brief idea of why I may or may not want to avoid the 2007 would be great.

My plan is to stretch the phazer to 136 or 144 eventually with a freeride track as well... but I will worry about that later :). I want to avoid the MTX as well because I want the wider front end for trail riding.

I know I asked alot in this thread but any free advise would be appreciated. :)

The 07 had problems with the suspension H arms breaking from the shafts flexing and bending so make sure all the arms aren't cracked. Steering and front suspension is the same as Nytro's so you know what to look at there (ball joints, tie rods, Yamaslop). There was an update for cold weather starting with an updated ECU and decompression springs. Cuts down the starting time in half in "normal" cold and makes it easier in extreme cold weather. No biggie if it doesn't have it but a nice bonus. Not sure about steering geometry updates though.

Yes, same problems with warmers. Either get the Yamaheater or switch to RSI's.

great thanks for the advise. I see they have an updated part number for the H-arm so if it ever breaks I know the replacement part should be stronger than the original.

This starting update you mentioned... does it require an entirely new ECU or does it just require a re-flash of the map that I can get done at a dealership?

All the other front end Yamaslop I can take care of with oil-lite bushings and replacement ball joints I'm sure. I've done it all on my nytro anyway.

Good to know that I will have to budget for a yamaheater as well. I have the RSI update but it's still not enfough on the really cold days.

I'm guessing the same exhaust doughnut issue exists with the phazer too... and I should have no problem fixing that.

If there is anything else please let me know.

It's a whole new ECU, original was 8GC-00, updated one is 8GC-10. If needed, you could try to find a used one from an 08+. I was lucky. I had it done by the dealer just before the special warranty expired for this issue.

Apart from the updated H arm, the shafts have also been updated with stronger material. You have to keep an eye on them because when mine went, it took out both rails too.

Holy Crap!
I am in fort and just finished taking pics of my sled to post up for sale. I sent you a PM with my number. Come and take a look. It has every issues addressed that came up with the 2007's and also has a pile of mods done. Has hard start done this year, new ball joints, GYTR clickers etc
Trav
edit:
Tried to PM but they dont seem to be going though
text or call me and you can come take a look
two 7 six- eight three 93

Back