• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loose steering

ppwhite

I noticed when moving my handle bars a little my skis dont move. I looked into it a little and seems that the steering link the hooks to the bottem handle bar shaft and runs over to another shaft next to chain case the heim ends seem loose. Has anyone experienced this problem yet?? Its seems like the one closest to the chain case is really loose. The other end seem like you would have to pull the seat and gas tank out to repair?? Thanks for the help..

I replaced three ball joints in the steering linkage area. Tightening them did nothing for me. After removal I found there was some play. There should be absolutely zero play in a ball joint. More importantly I found the plastic bushings in the steering stem to be worn out too. These are located just below the chrome bezel on your dash board. Yamahas parts finder indicated that they are bearings.... the are not. Just plastic bushings. I actually replaced all the bushings in the whole front end of my 06 apex with 3000 miles on it. I installed grease fittings everyware and replaced with real bronze bushings. Sled is like brand new again! Just a little dissapointed about the cheap plastic bushings everywhere. They should be bronze or ball bearing in my opinion (especially for what you pay for one of these machines). :Rockon:

Back