• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Loosing Coolant

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro MPI Stage 1
I have a 2014 Yamaha apex with the Mcx 200 kit . I just noticed after long rides that the small coolant reservoir is always almost empty . The overflow always remains full . Does the overflow introduce coolant as needed ? The engine temp always runs steady at 155-170 and I installed the temp sensor into the coolant pipe that runs across the top of the valve cover so I’m getting an accurate temp reading on my gauge. The engine oil is clean no coil coolant contamination. Sled runs great not noticing any drivability issue at all . The idle is a little scattered but steady at 14.5 . No smell of coolant present . Any thoughts, thanks

I have never been able to keep coolant in that tank either. Its always dry. I fill it to the line and it just blows out so I have stopped worrying about it I guess. I say its normal under boosted sleds...unless anyone wants to disagree with me.

I have never been able to keep coolant in that tank either. Its always dry. I fill it to the line and it just blows out so I have stopped worrying about it I guess. I say its normal under boosted sleds...unless anyone wants to disagree with me.
I never check it . Just happened to notice it . How many years have you ran it that way.

I don't have a overflow, just the one with the Rad Cap and no I keep it at the base of the tank where it connects to the 1" hose. I just see that there is a coolant there. If I put the 2 cups in that I am short it just spits out.

Back