• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lost my Keys for the Rage

kinghooker

I lost my keys for my rage the day after I brought it home so now I'm trying to get new keys. My dealer never wrote down the key number, was wondering what to do, replace the whole plug for $50 bucks, get a locksmith to make one up. My dealer says the factory has no record to make a copy of a key??????? Any useful help would be apprecitated.

Thanks
Kinghooker

Lost keys

That sucks. My dealer recorded the key codes and it showed up on a copy of my paperwork also. Isn't this a part of dealer prep/ setup? If so and it wasn't done, seems like the dealer should be responsible for getting you going. Not his fault you lost your keys, but a 5.00 key is much easier than a 50.00 ignition switch.

Seems like the factory would have that information matched to the vin number like in the automotive buisiness.

that happened to me too...so i went up to the dealer and brought my ignition switch up...and he said the same thing...they forgot to write down the key #...so what he said was that he had to write down my ignition code..then call yamaha to order a key for $20.00 a key, but if i were u i would really look around, but just order a key anyway!!!

happened to me too, but nthere was no key number to replace them, we had to rip out a whole new starter and key insert just to start it

I'll sell you a key switch from a rx sled with 1 key. 25 plus shipping, if in the states it would be 5 bucks to ship

Back