• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

low fuel

donald/070207

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Yamaha 50th sidewinder
I have a 2018 sidewinder Ltx Le 50th on my last ride once the low fuel light came on it started acting like it was already running out of fuel.
Has any body experienced this.

I have a 2018 sidewinder Ltx Le 50th on my last ride once the low fuel light came on it started acting like it was already running out of fuel.
Has any body experienced this.
I saw my low fuel light only once in 4 seasons now, this was on my 2018 thundercat, made it only 4 miles nursing it before it died.

Yes
When it shows low should say out!
Could try to adjust rod a bit or just fill up sooner

I’m sure it will vary with each sled but does anybody have a clue as to how much fuel left once fuel light comes on?

Up hill down hill , hard acceleration it will miss fuel pick up when the light comes on my new XTX

Don’t remember it being like that on my 2017

Only one time the light came on on my 17 and the fuel was very close and it took 38l. It was empty!! Normally it gets 160k to 25l.

I carry 2 1/2 gallons extra and thats my signal to pull over and dump it in.. Then its time to start looking for a refill pump or my trailer where I always carry extra 15 gallon surplus…

Yes
When it shows low should say out!
Could try to adjust rod a bit or just fill up sooner
Never use to do it was new
I carry 2 1/2 gallons extra and thats my signal to pull over and dump it in.. Then its time to start looking for a refill pump or my trailer where I always carry extra 15 gallon surplus…
Strange thing it wasn't like that when it was new is there any Chance pick up tube could have changed

I think I read some information on here where some of the sleds had issues when the tank got below 3 gallons in the tank… I have not had this issue on my 2017 LTX Le.. Do a search on here and you should find some information on it…

I have about 20 miles left when the light comes on. 1 - 1.5 gallons left in the tank.

I have about 20 miles left when the light comes on. 1 - 1.5 gallons left in the tank.
Your avatar states upstater. Are you really above Albany? Thanks for replies guys. I really think think the more that chime in, the more we can kinda average what it will be.

Your avatar states upstater. Are you really above Albany? Thanks for replies guys. I really think think the more that chime in, the more we can kinda average what it will be.
Yes, I live in Central New York about 90 miles from Albany, 50 miles from Old Forge, and 30 miles from Tug Hill

Went for a lengthy ride today , and was running low on gas .
Made it to the gas station without the low fuel light going on , so continued on without filling up .
I figured if I ran out , I was on a busy trail , someone would stop and help me out .
20 klms. from the next gas station the low fuel light goes on , so I pull over turn the sled off and wait 20 secs. and turn it back on and not only does the light go off , but it shows I have about 1/5th of a tank left .
The light came on 10 klms later and stayed on until I filled up.
Put in 36,7 litres !

Back